Chapter 2

Tears poured from Reki and Langa's eyes. Had they miraculously escaped death only to get eaten a few minutes later?

"Wait!" Langa declared.

"What?" The woman asked.

"Baking us into a pie is a waste. It is much better to turn us into gravy to make poutine." Langa explained.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT LANGA I DON'T WANNA BE IN A PIE OR A POUTINE OR ANYTHING!" Reki screamed before sobbing into Langa's shoulder.

"What is this 'poutine' you speak of?" The woman asked.

"It is fried potatoes topped with cheese curds and brown gravy!" Langa answered confidently. His mouth watered just at the thought of poutine.

"Sounds good." The woman said.

"Sorreh! Reki has expressed his desire to not become a poutine. Besides, you can make gravy from many animals besides us. Let's go Reki!" Langa declared before leading Reki towards the first gap in the bushes he could see.

"Wait, I'm not letting you two get away!" The woman shouted.

Reki and Langa emerged into the dark forest undergrowth. It looked like a maze of bushes, roots, and uneven ground. Almost all the light from above was blocked by the dense arboreal canopy. The air smelled of damp moss and decay.

The two ran for their lives, crying the whole time. They were scraped by thorns, tripped by roots, and confused by the maze of the forest floor.

Suddenly, Langa felt a massive hand grip his foot.

"Aaaah!" He screamed as he was lifted up by the massive man-eating woman.

"Langa!" Reki shouted, immediately reversing his course and running towards the woman.

Reki raised his fist and punched the woman in the stomach as hard as he could. But, the woman didn't budge.

"I catch one and the other hands himself over, how convenient!" The woman said. Reki exclaimed as the woman's massive hand wrapped around his midsection. Now, he saw that the woman had massive claws.

He screamed once again, and looked for Langa's shoulder to bury his face into, but it wasn't there.

"Okay, okay. Geez kids. When we get back to my place I'll give you two a moment to chat and then I'll kill you as quickly and painlessly as possible, deal?" The woman asked, rolling her eyes. Reki wailed in response and Langa shook his head.

"I don't wanna die!" Reki shouted.

"Me neither!" Langa agreed.

"Ugh." The woman responded.

Then, a miracle occurred.

"Stop right there, witch!" A deep, masculine voice called out. Then, a man wielding an axe and wearing brown, earthy toned clothing burst into view.

Suddenly, the woman raised one of her claws close to Langa's throat.

"Don't do anything, or the boy's life ends here!" The witch threatened.

"Wait wait wait don't kill him!" Reki begged, reaching his arms out towards the woman. Unfortunately, her arms were over four feet long, and she was holding him away from Langa.

The man raised his axe above his head, closing his eyes. The two boys were able to get a closer look at him.

He had black hair, pale skin, brown eyes, and a bit of stubble on his well proportioned face. Even through his loose clothing, it was clear he was fit and muscular.

The witch smiled as the man appeared to surrender.

Then, the man hurled the axe quicker than the witch could react.

It spun through the air, and Reki screamed as it flew past him. Then, both him and Langa screamed as they saw it embedded in the witch's face.

She fell to the ground, and the two scrambled out of her grasp as quickly as they could. They both leapt onto the man's shoulders, staying as far away from the witch's corpse as they could.

"Not to worry, you two are safe." The man declared, a wide smile on his face. He retrieved his axe and pried Reki and Langa off of his shoulders.

"So, what are your names?" The man asked.

"Reki!" Reki said.

"Langa." Langa answered.

"Call me Clay!" The man said. 

A/N: After all the angst and tension of episodes 7, 8, and 9, the latest episode that aired is a recap episode. I feel betrayed.