Chapter 4

POV Kokichi
"Kokichi? " Kayayday's voice broke me out of my maniac
laughing. Shuichi was dead. Dangit. Why can't I get that through my head. I'm weak. I calmed my laughing down to a quiet giggle and then stopped. "Shut up... " My voice trailed off. Shuichi was great. If only I got to know him more... "Kokichi... Are you sure you're ok? " Keade asked hesitantly. I shook my head. "Shuichi is dead" I said coldly and slapped her hand away as she was about to put it on my shoulder. "Kokichi it's o-" She was cut off my a life grunt. "Huh? W-Wwere am I? " My heart practically leaped out of my stomach by the framilier voice. "S-Shuichi! " I yelled and ran up to him. "H-How are you alive! " I asked him while sitting in top of him. "H-Huh? Hold on. Let me figure out what's happening... Ok. Uh. I was stuck in the virtual world for a bit. Tsmugi made me stay there and stuff. She was talking to me and said she would make you feel despair" He explained and rubbed his head. "Dangit. She made me think you were dead" I grunted and hugged him. I quickly stopped and got off of him. "S-sorry" I stuttered and blushed a bit. "How come you sacrificed yourself for me in the virtual world? " I asked, changing the subject. Shuichi blushed lightly. "Um. I well... You'll find out soon enough" He seemed more confident towards the end of his sentance. I forgot he was a detective. I began explaining to him what was going on and he told me how Tsmugi had made the dream and made me think Shuichi was dead. We grew a little closer. Eventually, we went to our rooms and fell asleep. I felt better now that Shuichi was safe. Wait. Did I just.... Oh god. I have feelings for him.