~3~

Will woke up the next day and went to the kitchen to the smell of food. He saw his brother making pancakes. "Those pancakes smell so good." He says. "Well there going to taste better with syrup." Jonathan  said.

Will was happy he didn't have school the next day. That meant he could go to the mall with Max. "You ready Mr Byers" Max said  over the phone. "Don't call me that and yes I'm coming."

~At the mall~

Max and Will went through store after store. They later decided to go to the food court. "Hey Max I'm going to the bathroom okay" Will said "okay" Max replied as he went to the bathroom. As Will was walking back he bumped into someone.

" I'm sorry" he said. The boy laughed. "It's okay" the boy said. He looked up at him saw it was Mike. "Hey Willy" Mike said. Shit Will though he forgot about Max. "Nothing just here with Max" Will said. "Well were is she" Mike said. "Food court come on" Will said grabbing Mikes hand as they went there.

"What took you so long" Max said. "Sorry I bumped into this crackhead" Will replied. Mike put his hand over his heart acting hurt and said "I'm not a crackhead. They all laughed.

The all talked for a while until Max spoke. "Uhh Will we have to go do things."  He looked confused but then remembered what there going to do. "Well we better get home before my mom does." Will said leaving with Max. "Well ok see you at school" Mike said.

They grabbed there bags and left. "You have my number so just text me okay" Mike said. Will rolled his eyes. They went to Max's house and tried on their clothes and then Will went home. He saw his mom asleep on the couch.

They next day Wills alarm clock went off. Will got up and went to get dressed. He got ready for school before he knew it Max was outside waiting for him.  He tried avoiding his mom but she caught him" hey Will dear I heard you were with that Wheeler guy yesterday" She said. "Yes but only because I bumped into him" Will said.  " well ok I heard he was bad news, have a good day hun" she said as he went out the door.

"What took you so long" Max said. "My mom was talking to me" Will replied. "Come on. Where going to be late Max said as they got to school on their bikes. They got to school and went to class. Will saw a new kid at his school. The teacher introduced him and his name was Theo.

At lunch the kid asked if he wanted to go to the park after school. Will said yeah and went to sit by Max.