𝟒𝟓 | 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬

Fate

Fate... in itself, is a great discussion topic. Whether a person believes that a specific deity or a scientific accident which created the multiverse mankind lives in, one matter that is argued is if fate or choice controls life.

The answer to this, however, is unknown. One person may never understand which fully is the reason behind the universe, but in a general agreement, there is both. Humans all make choices. One is practically made everyday, whether consciously, subconsciously, or unconsciously is a different topic, though. Every choice decided will create a consequence at some point, which relies on another decision to undo. Many believe that things happen for a reason. And that's where fate comes in.

The likelihood of two people being destined to each other is extremely rare. Perhaps, one in a billion or something - the data isn't known. But, there are chances that means it still exists. If fate truly allowed it, destiny would bring them together. Fate will bring a horse to water, but the choices made will question if they are allowed to drink. But, the logical answer was never liked by the general public. After all, people like knowing there is someone out there that fate has destined for them. What can be done, humans love love.

What people do enjoy listening to is just fate. That fate pushed and shifted the gears of the universe, so that whatever decisions or choices made, the answer was always the same. That someone was destined to be with another. And with that, the concepts of soulmates arise.

But, soulmates are a difficult subject as well. Do they exist or not? Are they platonic or romantic? Does everyone end up with their soulmate in the end? These are questions left at the long open-minded debate of fate and chance.

However, this story doesn't agree with chance. This story relies on fate. And fate never backed down when it came to Lee Jeno and Ryu Hyesoo.

There they were. On a walkway in the district of Hongdae, in the city of Seoul, in the country of the Republic of Korea, in the continent of Asia, on planet Earth. These two, almost with fate, had bumped into each other coincidentally after nine years. In their eyes, this could only ever be considered fate. What else could it be besides fate?

It felt as if it was just the two of them. The feeling of bliss came about, almost like spring had sprung once again. The bustling sounds of Hongdae disappeared around them, and it was just the two of them. This was it. This was their chance. Fate had finally brought them back together, and now it was time for them to restart.

Except, as previously mentioned, fate will only guide a person to their destiny. The choice made there will decide what happens. And unfortunate for the two, Jeno chose the wrong choice.

Honk.

The car sound from Jiyeon's new Bugatti awoke Jeno from his dreams of speaking towards the girl. He quickly cleared his throat, and made his way towards the luxurious car, not even sparing a glance at the woman he ran into.