3. Seeing after a longtime!!

Richa smoothened down a hand on her skirt and took a deep breath again before knocking on the door. A minute later, the maid opened the door and stepped aside to let her enter.

Rajesh : Here comes my girl!! Maya come out. Our Richa has come.......

His wife came out hurriedly from the kitchen and opened her arms with a wide smile seeing Richa standing in the living room.

Richa relaxed visibly and walked further to hug her aunt. Even though her uncle and aunt didn't have children of their own and consider her and her elder brother Sahil as their own but still it's been many years since she met them and that made her nervous. Now when she saw that no matter how much time passed through, her uncle and aunt are still the soft mussy types like she remembered, she couldn't help but feel light and happy.

Maya : Oh look at you Richa!! All grown up beautifully I must say.

Richa bit her lower lip feeling slightly shy at the compliment : I can say the same for you taiji. You still look young and dashing.......

Rajesh scoffed : Don't boost her already elephant sized ego Richu!! Now come here and give me a hug too

Richa : Only if you promise not to call me Richu next time tauji!!

Rajesh chuckled and pulled her in his arms as soon as she went near him : It's been so long since I saw you my girl. I hope your journey was not hectic and tiring.

Richa : Absolutely not tauji!! How are you feeling now??

Rajesh : Recovering though I feel difficulty in mobility.

Richa : Give some time and you will be back to normal like before.

Maya : Dinner is ready Richa. Should I get the table arranged??

Rajesh : Ofcourse!! Our daughter would be hungry. Let's eat first and then we can catch up........

Richa nodded helping Rajesh to walk over to the dinning room.

Richa : The food is awesome taiji. I feel like I am back to Connecticut eating home made food by mum. You both make tasty food.

Maya : Then why don't you stay here with us and I will make your favourite dishes everyday.

Richa gulped before putting a smile on her face : I am not living far from here. I can come over to eat anyday I want.

Rajesh : We won't force you Richa but anytime you feel lonely or homesick, just pack your bags and come here. We have already got a room prepared for you.

Richa : Ok!!

Maya : Was the apartment cleaned and stocked well when you reached beta??

Richa : Yes taiji it was and thanks for arranging for my stay beforehand.

Maya waved her hand in air dismissing the formal gratitude : What are family for!!

After dinner, the trio moved back to the living room and Rajesh handed his patient's summary to Richa.

Rajesh : These are the case history of all my patients. I have already informed every single one about you and most of them are supportive. There are few patients who won't be warm with you but I am sure with your skill, you will be able to make them feel comfortable.

Richa nodded : I will try my best tauji!!

Rajesh : If you don't feel ok with anything then tell my assistant. She will guide you through everything. Also I have not taken on any new case since my surgery. So you will be dealing with most of the old cases only. Just let me know if you face any problem.