𝐦. 𝐤𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢 " important "

𝗗𝗔𝗠𝗡 𝗕𝗔𝗕𝗬 - 𝙖𝙡𝙩 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙢

— "went from 'hello,' to 'i never wanna say goodbye"

komori motoya never really stood out that much. nor was his daily routine, name, or status flashy either. everyday he would wake up, watch tv while waiting for sakusa to shower, take the bus to school, and then have sakusa's 2047310 fans bombard him with questions, presents, and confession letters. sakusa this, kiyoomi that, blah blah blah. komori was genuinely happy that his cousin was popular and well known, but he's always thought that it wouldn't hurt if everyone saw him on the same level as his friend. to sum things up, komori motoya was tired.

today wasn't so different either. a girl approached him with a bar of chocolate and a [ favourite colour ] envelope in her hand which was decorated with stars. komori quitely sighed while getting ready for his usual morning 'warmup'.

'sakusa doesn't like chocolate, but you should give him the letter yourself. he's not that scary if you wash your hands, smell nice, and approach him the right way.' he greeted the girl with his usual cheerful smile as she blinked at him in confusion.

'i'm sorry, but this is for you.'

komori subconsciously gave the girl a weird look as she handed him the envelope. then he finally realised her message.

'oohh- this is for me to give to omi right? sure thing i'll give it to him!' he chuckles at his own stupidity for not realising the message in the first place.

at this point the girl standing in front of him was visibly starting to become agitated by his stupidity.

'how obvious do i need to be komori-kun? this chocolate and this envelope is for you not sachuka omi or whatever his name is!'

she doesn't even know omi's name-

'i like you okay!' she exclaimed with a heavy blush of red on her cheeks, 'these are for you!'

before komori could even ask for her name, she shoved the confession letter and chocolate in his arms and stormed off with frustration. komori looked at the figure walking away from him, then at the gifts in his arms and smiled to himself.

'someone noticed me.'

and just as komori promised himself, once the lunch bell rang he went off in search for the girl.

'what's the hurry motoya?' itachiyama's captain, tsukasa, gives him a pat on the back before komori could take off.

'i gotta find this girl-'

'but practi-'

'i'll be back in time i promise!' and with that komori took off to find his admirer.

it took komori about 10 minutes to find her. she was leaning against a tall, leafless tree, peacefully snoozing away under the gentle heat of the sun, the calm breeze making loose strands of her hair flow in it's direction. a twig crunched beneath komori's feet, causing her to finally wake up.

'oh it's pea brain-kun.' she chirped at him, 'i still can't believe you, gosh...' she shook her head and sighed dramatically.

'i read your letter by the way.' he smiled as the girl immediately turned from making snarky remarks to being all shy and flustered.

'i- um anyways moving on!' she nervously chuckles, 'i'm happy to start off as friends and we build on from there. i mean of course if you're okay with it itotallyunderstandifyou'renotbutlikemaybeahahanywaysmovingonagain-'

'yeah let's do it!' he smiled, 'but firstly i just wanted to say that i'm nothing like my cousin. i'm not as popular, i'm not as good looking, and my skills in volleyball are obviously not as good as his. i'll still try my best to make you happy though, but i'm so-'

'komori what the hell? i don't even fucking know your cousin's name.' she giggles, 'and what do volleyball skills even have to do with us seeing each other? didn't you also get an invite to that all-japan thing too?'

'i mean- well yeah... yeah i guess.' he slowly replied.

'you shouldn't doubt and conpsre yourself to your cousin so much!' she stood up and moved in closer to him, 'you're just as important!'

komori hadn't even noticed how loud his heart was beating until he took a second glance at her smiling back at him.

'i'll give you a confession letter everyday if that's what it'll take for you to understand how important you are to me.'

a/n

requested by: @RiroOkami

ayo i'm very sorry for the lack of update! i'll be going on a hiatus(or semi-hiatus?) for about two/three weeks. i'll still try to write on my break but i won't be very active and i wont be taking any requests either. i'd blame myself for not being active but it's school's fault this time 😩‼️ *f-boy lip bite*

also, komori is so tall for what like 2/@;&&"£\•2910????1?1?2 please step on me though i love your tiny eyebrows with all the cells in my body

thank you for reading!

sea <3