SIXTEEN

Murder, like talent,

seems occasionally to run in families.

~ George Henry

CAMILA

They're excited, Michael replied as we all stood in front of the jets, which were fueled to take us straight to Cascadia. The men were all beside themselves as they grabbed their gear and walked onto the planes.

Those who weren't flying with us had driven, leaving late last night with Monte so they could be there by
the time we landed.

"How could any place named Candia be exciting?"Mina frowned, her hands across her chest as if she were a child. It was kind of funny. I didn't know barbies could bend their arms.

"Cascadia," Lucy corrected while Adriana stood beside her. I was curious to see what would happen in the week I was gone.

"Whatever, my point is the same." Mina rolled her eyes.

Clara smiled, clapping her hands. "Well, Im excited for you boys. I always wanted to send you all to camp. Take pictures!"

"Honestly, mother, its not that type of camp. Lauren smirked, kissing her on the cheek before grabbing her bag."

"Actually it is," I replied, as Daniel handed me my new smartphone. I'm  simply going as a chaperone to make sure they don't lose complete control.

"A chaperone?" Veronica smirked. "What do you think will happen?"

Turning to Daniel, I raised my eyebrows. He was trying really hard not to smile and even coughed.

"Well don't be shy," I told him.

"Last year, some of the knife nuts captured five or six skunks and placed them in the sniper cabins,"he snickered quickly before returning solemn.

"And?"

He dropped his head down. "And then the snipers covered their cabins in honey and fire ants. Then the hackers were hacked and their computers were filled with gay porn. They also replaced their normal mice with dildo shaped ones. The hackers then gave them laxatives."

"Which lead to the things I do not even want to begin to explain. If I hadn't stepped in, one of them probably would have died," I said as I checked my messages. Looking up, I saw Clara's red face still processing everything she just heard.

"Holy Jesus fuck, whats on the menu this year?"Chris asked, wide-eyed. I could see the excitement building in his eyes.

Daniel grinned. "You Brazilians better watch your backs."

"Non vedo l'ora di prendere questi cani verso il basso." Xavier laughed alongside Daniel. (I can't wait to take these dogs down)

Veronica stepped forward. "If you're going to trash talk us, do it in English or Brazilian so everyone can hear or eu vou quebrar suas bolas."

"Just in case you don't know, she said she will break your balls." Chris laughed.

Antonio held up his hands, not even least bit afraid. "You Brazilians and your balls. All I said is I can't wait."

"Enough," Lauren snapped at them.

A whole week of this . . . how fun.

Michael looked desperate, and I would be, too, if I had to spend time with the women.

"Camila, are you—"

"No, Michael," Clara and I said at the same time. She looked at me and grinned as if we had an alliance.