Prologue

___________________________________________

Magic was common in the Florentine Empire. People who used magic were ranked according to their magical strenght.

From lowest to most powerful was; Magician, Magic User, then Mage.

A magician had the ability to use only elemental magic which is the control of forces of nature. Sometimes, the power of a magician would manifest into that of a Magic user.

A magic user could use elemental magic but is also bestowed with a special power which only they can use.

Then a mage. Throughout the whole continent, there had only been record of one mage.

A mage could use elemental magic. Summon divine animals and sometimes, they would manifest holy powers.

Holy powers and magic were two things people decided to be different.

Holy powers could not destroy. But only bring forth life and healing.

People who could use holy powers were divided into three; a clergy, a high priest, then the saintess. For every century, only one saintess can exist.

It was the 21st year of Florentine Empire. The year the first mage of the Empire turned 21.

"Haaah" She hid behind a wall regaining her breath. Running for so long took a toll on her.

"I've found Evelyn! She's over there!" She continued running as the guards had found her.

A year ago her titian hair had been smoother than the finest silk in the market. A year ago she had worn the finest clothes on the continent. But now her once elegant image had long disappeared.

All that remained now was the face of a woman who ran for her life each day. Doing her best to save the world.

Ten years ago she was just the daughter of a Viscount. But why did her life come to this point?

Evelyn continued running, her titian hair which had been very long but had to be cut, swaying with her movements.

Despair and anxiety were planted deep within her heart but she kept on going on. Because she had to survive. At all costs.

Finally she crossed the border into Ulenov. The land of demons. It would be hard for those imperial knights to survive in the mist of demons. But she could kill the demons easily.

After all, if she couldn't fight against demons what good was she as the first mage in history?

Also the Garcia soldiers would be here to defend her. Evelyn felt a bit happy with the fact that though everyone had abandoned her, Duke James Garcia was still there by her side. Over the years she had come to love him deeply. He was her only light in her dark world.

She went to their secret meeting point which was a particular cave surrounded by many low level demons.

After fighting of lots of demons with her magic she got to the location. Suddenly she remembered a task she had to complete.

Right before her a magical rabbit appeared. It was a divine creature summoned with her powers.

"Go get my diary and write whatever I say" It was important for her to keep all the events that had happened in her life in case she failed. Future mages needed to know the danger that the world was in.