Chapter 1

Hawks POV

I groaned from the ache in my wings. I haven't been flying for a while. My wings have grown stiff. Today I have another ground mission. And of course I don't have time to stretch my wings. I quickly put my hero costume on before rushing to work. When I arrived endeavour my boss was waiting to lecture me for being late. "YOUR LATE HAWKS!" He yelled. "No shit Sherlock." I deadpanned getting a few whistles from mic and Aizawa. Endeavour slapped me hard. "Make yourself useful chicken! Your going undercover with the league. You start today!" He growled before leaving. I sighed before heading to my given location. I clapped my wings a little. It hurt like hell so I stopped. I dodged a knife just in time before it hit my wing. "Aww darn it! I missed the birdie!" I heard toga whine. "Wait. Hold off toga." I heard a deep voice say before dabi came into view. "What's wrong with your wings?" He asked. I didn't answer. I just tried to coil them in but they wouldn't. I couldn't get my wings to fold back. I started to panic. Dabi came over. "Hey. Calm down. What is it?" He asked quickly. "I....I can't fold them." I said fear evident in my voice. He checked my wings. When he moved then it hurt and I winced. "How do you sleep at night? Like what position?" He asked. "Mostly my side but last few nights I've fallen asleep at my desk." I told him. "Don't fret to much. They are just a bit sore. A bath will help loosen the muscles up and then you should be able to fold them." He told me. I said thank you before dodging another knife. "Oi! Watch it!" I growled and she just grinned.

"What are you doing here anyways chicken? Don't you know this is the bad bit of town?" Dabi said while going back to his careless self. "I want to join the league. I can work as a double agent for you guys. Get information about the pros." I said. "How do we know your not doing that already?" A raspy voice said from behind me. "Because my boss is a dick." I said plainly. I felt him stroke my wings. "Weren't these brighter? I swear they've dulled." I heard him say. Shit! He's not using all his fingers. "Yeah. Is the birdie sad?" Toga said while doing her weird thing around me.

I didn't answer. Dabi met my eyes. "Your eyes look dull aswell. What's wrong?" He asked. "My. Boss. Is. A. Dick." I spelled out. "Are they overworking you?" Shigiraki asked. I showed them why I hadn't been able to fly. Endeavour and tagged me. "The fuck? Your boss did that to you?!" Dabi asked and I nodded. "Said chickens should be grounded and I'm useless on the field so he did that. When I'd any fly it's basically the equivalent to being depressed." I told them and dabi looked most worried. "Fien. You can join the league. Come on. We can get the tag off your wing aswell." Shigiraki said. They led me to the base Dabi took me upstairs. He checked and made sure the tag wasn't on any major blood vessels or through the bone. When he was sure it wouldn't cause more damage he carefully took it off. "Try moving your wings." He said as I was able to flap the one he detagged. I sighed when the other wouldn't. He checked it and gasped. "Hawks have you broken your wing?" He asked and I looked down. "I didn't." I mumbled. "He stomped on it." I mumbled. "I'm going to position it so it can heal properly. Here. You can hug it while I do this." He said passing me a fredbear toy. I hugged it close to my chest. He gently and quickly fixed my wing before bandaging it. When he was done he hugged me. I sobbed into his chest. He stroked my hair softly. "Who's your boss hawks?" He asked. "E-endeavour." I said quietly. "Wait what?!" He said pulling away. I looked down. Everyone always acts that way.

Toga came in. She seemed to have calmed down. She gave me some water. She looked between us. "What happened?" She asked. "His boss is endeavour." Dabi snarled and I shrank in on myself. "Dabi. Calm down." Toga spoke. "No! He works for endeavour! I'm not gonna calm down!" He roared. Ignoring the pain in my wings I managed to fly away. I landed roughly on a roof. I sobbed from the pain and curled in on myself. I wrapped my wings around myself and hid from the world.

Dabis POV

Hawks suddenly flew off. Shit. I managed to calm down and realised I messed up. I ran out of the base and looked around. He can't have gone far cause of his wings. Toga ran out. "Dabi! There's something you need to see!" She said before dragging em inside. "But I need to find-" she cut me off. "Watch it!" She yelled pointing at the tv. I gulped and watched the tv. "News just came in. The pro hero endeavour has announced the step down of hawks. The pro hero hawks wings have apparently become paralysed. He is unable to fly and cannot use his quirk. His heroic dead's will be remembered and we wish him the best in his future life." A news reporter spoke. My eyes widened as a picture of hawks came on. I clenched my jaw before running to the roof. I looked out across the roofs and spotted a red ball on one not to far away. I made my way across the roofs to it. The hall was feathers and shaking. Sobs came from inside and I knew it was hawks. I sat behind him.