YOU

Driving down the road, you feel confident. You told off Marion like a savage and it felt good. Now, you were off to finally meet Anon. Why? 'Cuz you can, that's why. And there was no Marion to tell you not to.

You pull into the driveway that occupied Anon's address. It looks like a normal two-story house. What surprises you is that it's only three-four miles away from your own place. You step out and ring the doorbell. Only seconds later, a small, meek looking girl opens the door. She is probably an inch shorter than you with blonde hair pulled into a low ponytail. Her large circular glasses was slipping down her tiny nose, and her large eyes stare at you with surprise.

"You actually came!" She squeaks. You nod timidly, and the girl ushers you inside. She introduces herself as the so-called 'Anon' or 'Anonymous', but asks you to just call her Estelline. She shows you to her living room and brings you a plate of cookies and a cup of coffee. You admire the mug and examine the little painted mushrooms that dotted the handle. Once she sees your settled, Estelline pulls a bag out of her pocket. It's a bundle of envelopes.

"Read them," She says, "and you'll understand why I asked you to come here."

You open the first envelope, and to your surprise, you recognize the handwriting. It's Marion's.

He was writing to Estelline, and it seemed as though he was proclaiming his love for her, just as he did for you, except this time he was much more bitter when Estelline rejected him. More threatening.

You read through the pages vigorously, brushing your fingertips across the rushed penmanship. As the dates got more recent, and the letters began to end, it seems as though a mass serial killing spread, murdering all the people around Estelline, including her girlfriend.

Just like how it is now.

Your eyes widen and you slowly lift your head up to stare at Estelline. She looked tired, weary, and lonely. Her love is gone, her family is gone, and now there's another murder spree to remind her that.
And it's very apparent that these recent serial murders are no coincidence.

Marion hinted very heavily to Estelline in the letters that he was behind the murders, but she hadn't picked that up until now.

"It's been years since I had received another letter from him," Estelline says suddenly. "I thought he had moved on or reported himself to the police. But it seems like he's found another victim."

Suddenly you cant breathe. You're choking on your own tears. You're scared. So very scared. "So you didn't report him to the police back then? You could've-"

"I was scared," Estelline interrupted, "and I was young. I didn't think that he'd go as far as he did. I've had four years to regret that choice, but I can't go to the police now. They are to busy to see the letters, much less listen to two murder suspects."

"Suspects?"

"All the murdered victims have relations with us, yes? The police had come to my doorstep and brought me to the station for questioning. I tried to tell them about the letters, but they didn't take it seriously enough. Soon, the police will try to question you, too."

You feel sick. You excuse yourself and find the bathroom.

Marion killed them.

Marion killed them all.

God, why had you answered those letters in the first place, so stupi-

A loud crashing noise came from the living room, followed by a girlish scream that you can only identify as Estelline's. You quickly rush out of the bathroom to see the girl lying on the floor with a bullet hole imbedded in her stomach. In front of you stood a tall, lean man with messy hair. His dull eyes flicker over to you, a sweet grin slowly spreading across his face.

"Salutations, darling."

the end.