Chapter Two

“ serve you right, dipshit! ” loud clicking and yelling could be heard around the mansion or more specifically, a certain room.

“ motherfucker, that's cheating! ” the room is filled with shouting and cussing.

“ it's not my fault that you suck at this. ” he stick his tongue out at the poor man who's about to cry in any moment.

“ you little- ” the man was cut off by a loud bang startling the both of them. there stood a feminine silhouette at the doorframe. “ having fun? ” her friendly tone sending chills down their spine.

she folds her hands on her chest, uninterested and disappointed. the boys just sat there, locking the eye contact with said female. none of them dare to move until she sighed. “ conference room. now. ” and so her figure disappeared behind those walls.

both the man and boy sighed in relief. that was a close call!  thought the man. “ i have a bad feeling about this ” the boy said in uneasiness, accompany by cold sweats. the man stand up, holding his hand out for the boy. “ let's just go. ”

it's seems like they're the only ones left yet to arrive since the conference room already so lively from the outside. the man knock on the door and came in with the boy.

the man sat on the right chair besides the main's while the boy sat on the left one. everyone was chattering about this and that until the big door opened again but this time without a knock.

her cold aura change the lively atmosphere into an awkward and gloomy one. she walked pass everyone to the main seat which is the leader's seat. she swiftly sit down without any noise, making the whole conference felt more nervous than before.

“ subin, open his file now. ” her deep voice ringing in their heads which is not new to any of them but they can still feel the slight intimidation. not wasting any second, subin opened the file she asked on the big screen behind her chair. there, a man's profile with a deceased labelled on his photo. everyone chatter in shock. what's more shocking is that there's witness written on his death.

“ what took all of you so long to finished this shit off? ” her tone got an octave lower than before. none dared to answer or even open their mouths. she sighed. “ subin, click on the witness file. ” the boy do as what he told and there was a woman profile. she's on her 20s. an average looking woman. by average they meant normal. beautiful face, decent life and clear records. that is until they read the last part. 'deceased' . everyone's eyes went wide for a split second. looks like the boss already done the job.

“ i want the cover team to go there and get rid of any evidence. the choice is yours of what to do with the bodies. ” the cover team bowed and went straight to the crime scene while the others stay behind. “ it appears that the rat's not alone. keep an eye on anyone suspicious and make sure your team isn't one of them. if you find any, executes. no need to interrogate. dismissed. ” everyone except the boy at the left nodded and leave the conference room.

“ jisung. ” she calls out his name. the said boy stay quiet, in a trance. he was nervous before but after reading those file, he felt nothing but empty. annoyed, she flick his forehead making the boy skate back " hey that hurts! ” pouting, he rub his forehead.

she chuckles. she missed those faces. she hasn't been home that much recently. the clan was in chaos plus they got spies from other clan trying to steal any information they could. it was a blast of an excitement for her and tiresome for her clan but none dare to utter even one complaint.

they've bowed loyalty to her and the clan, so whatever coming their way, they already knew the consequences.

“ what is it? ” he ask after rubbing his forehead, skating closer to the female. “ nothing. i just missed you ” she ruffles his hair, flashing a warm smile. but that only lasted for seconds before her cold demeanour comes back. jisung smiles.

“ i miss you too, yeon. ”