Chapter 31

Homecoming

LOLA POV:

I check my phone when I wake up, it's only 5:30 in the morning. I turn around in bed to see Klaus still fast asleep, I smile to myself looking at how peaceful he looks when asleep. I leave a light peck on the corner of his mouth and get out of bed. We're leaving L.A. today so I just want to enjoy the sunrise one last time.

I get changed into a black bathing suit, shove on some denim shorts and tie my hair up with a hair scarf and quietly leave the room not wanting to disturb Klaus. The beach is only across the street from the hotel and the beach is as quiet as it can get. I smile as I take in the scenery around me, enjoying the last of what L.A. has to offer for the time being.

I'll miss waking up here every day, but nothing can beat waking up besides Klaus, I don't care where I am as long as I'm with him. I play with the chain that is round my neck which has Klaus' daylight ring attached to it. That was such a huge thing for him to do and I'll forever be grateful that he loves me enough to give me a part of his life to hold on to.

I hum to myself as I smile when I feel arms wrapping around my waist from behind and a trail is kisses are left on my neck. I turn slightly and greet Klaus with a kiss who has sat behind me, "Good morning."

Klaus kisses my cheek as he pulls my body closer to his, "Good morning, my love."

We both sit in comfortable silence as we gaze on the sunrise. I lean back slightly so my back rests against his chest as I wrap one arm around his neck and play with the short curls on the back of Klaus' head, "What are you thinking about?"

"I'm thinking...about how much...I want to carry you back to that hotel room..." Klaus mumbles as he leaves kisses all over my neck and shoulder making me laugh.

I move my hand to his check and trace circles around his jawline, "I'm serious."

Klaus raises a brow and smirks, "So was I." I roll my eyes as I laugh, removing my hand from his cheek and holding onto his arms that are wrapped around my body. Klaus rests his chin on my shoulder, "What are you thinking about?"

I sigh as I look down at my lap and starting playing with my nails, "Do you think we're gonna make it?"

Klaus hesitates for a moment before responding, "Of course I do, don't you?"

"I think we will, I want us to." I start, my mouth opens and closes trying to find the words to explain how I'm feeling, "I just...It's not like everyone else is particularly thrilled with the idea of us, are they?"

"Nonsense, my family is your family and they all adore you."

"But what about mine?" I question, Klaus turns silent, "It's not like you're on either of my brother's Christmas card lists, are you?" Klaus chuckles slightly, "Not like I particularly care about Damon's opinion right now."

"If you're worried that Damon will kill me, you needn't worry, love." Klaus places his hand on my cheek to make me face him as he has a devilish grin on his face, "I can't be killed."

I roll my eyes at him, "I would say I forgot how cocky you can be, but I would be lying." I break away from his hold and come to my feet, "We should get going if we wanna get to Portland."