Missing My Anna #10

"Old Man Winter is a Bitch," Kyle says, his lips were stinging and his nose was cold as an ice-cube.

In the white-out, glaring headlights was approaching. "Is this him, coming to run me over, leaving nothing but blood and guts?"

Falling down to his knees, his face plunges face first into frozen snow drift, as snow blows from all ends.

A police siren is heard, then opening his eyes a bit, red and blue lights are flashing.

The way his luck is running, trouble was coming his way, was this an illusion?

He dropped his head, who would care? Anna was gone, besides one minute she remembers little to nothing of him.

"Kyle is that you," a familiar voice yells out.

Kyle nodded, but doubtfully help is here.

"What in the hell are you doing? Where is your clothes, have you lost your insanity, this is not like you?" Dickens asked.

"I can explain, this is a life or death situation," he murmured.

"Yeah, yeah, get off the ground, this is not the time to pray in the nude, grab your cloak, your not Count Drac tonight. Just get in the car, before I have to drag your ass, if I have to," Dickens demanded.

"Sorry, but I had to do it, or else Anna will die," pleading with his friend.

Kyle gets up from the frozen drift, stumbles forward, heading to the car, "Hankins, what excuse are trying to get me to believe, you out here, looking like a silly fool, your death is not going to find Anna," Dickens warned.

"Let's get you somewhere warm, and you can put some decent clothes on, be a fucking man, we then can talk about what is going on," Dickens opens the car door, and Kyle just falls in.

"Thanks for the Rescue Mission, but revenge seems to be working in my favor," Kyle stutters through his frozen lips.

"K is out for revenge, he sent me a red letter, giving me full instructions to what I needed to do, putting me in misery, shame, and if it comes to it, death--be it," feeling knots doubbling in the pit of his gut. Who would blame him, he was willing to die to save Anna's life.

"I need you to talk to me, this weather is not sunshine, and tears falling down, is not going to help the situation you claim to be in," Dickens stated.

"I know how it looks, but Teasedale can verify what I am about to tell you, I have evidence back at my place," Kyle snaps the seat belt in place, "Let's go to my place. The Red Envelope, brought me this nightmare."

"Kyle, do I need to remind you we are investigating Anna's disappearance from the hospital, I don't need you going dead turkey on me, or putting you in a body-bag, understand me?" Dickens asked.

"By some chance, I made a few enemies along the way," Kyle breathed.

Dickens laughed, "We all make enemies, your not alone, but I rather have friends who will stand by me, through thick and thin, don't you agree. I am on your side, Kyle."

"Thanks, I appreciate your support, this guy or the snow is not going to let up, I need to make a move, or die trying," Kyle stammered.

"Not like this, I am not into death do us part," Dickens announced, "This is one for the road, drifter."

Kyle smiles, "Take me home!"

Dickens pulls up in Kyle's snow-fed yard, asking him, "Did you leave all the lights on in the house for some reason?"

"Nope, I left my place in the dark," he muttered.

"I need to check it out, you can stay in the car, time being," Dickens stressed.

"Tell it to the Snowman," Kyle declared.

"Somebody had some energy, Making Frosty for you," Dickens laughed.

"It's my place, I am going in," Kyle pulls out his life-saver, and cocked the trigger back, "Now, let's dance, Showtime!"

As they approached, Narly was heard, growling deeply, guarding the door from the inside.

"My dog seems very upset, I need to calm him down, before you can go in. Someone has stirred shit up, so he will bite the next person going through the door."

"Calm down boy, it's me, Kyle. Narly, I am coming in," in a soothing voice.

Kyle enters, Narly continues to barking, then he put his head down, and greets Kyle with licks to the palm of the hand. Kyle brushes his hand over Narly's head.

"Dickens, you can come in now, just do it slowly."

Narly barred his canines, moving back, "Narly, it's Dickens, your fine, now settle down."

Narly whines, slowly approaches Dickens, sniffs his hands, then releases a few tongue licks.

"Oh, he still remembers you, good bird-dog!" Kyle smiled.

Kyle heads to his bedroom, returns wearing a black hoodie and matching sweats on.

Kyle puts out some kibbles in a dog bowl, adding water to it, Narly wolfs down the food and water.

"Damn, the dog seems starving," Dickens smiled.

"Food akways helps, he may take a nap now," Kyle looks around, "This place has been turned upside down, like a tornado has ripped it to pieces."

"Someone was looking for something,"Dickens declared.

"Evidence, the red envelope, and the letter it contained," Kyle stated.

"But, on the table is vase of Red Roses, and it has another red letter attached," grabbing the red letter.

"I never seen these flowers before, I know this can't be a love-letter," opening the letter quickly.

Kyle reads ---

𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑃𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝐾𝑖𝑛𝑑
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑡, 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝐵𝑜𝑎𝑠𝑡
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑅𝑢𝑑𝑒
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑑
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑆𝑒𝑙𝑓-𝑆𝑒𝑒𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑅𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑊𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑠
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝐸𝑣𝑖𝑙
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑗𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑡ℎ
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑠
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠
𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑎𝑖𝑙𝑠
Signed, 'K'.
"Have A Nice Day!"

"We will be in touch, P.S. Anna loves her new Wedding Ring!"

Kyle throws the letter down on the table, and goes to the window, in silence he stares at Frosty.