A Message from the Author

To the Reader,

Being on this app for as long as I have, one of my biggest goals was to write a full length story and stray away from imagines and fanfiction. That's not to say that writing fanfiction is bad (trust me, I still enjoy reading everyone else's fanfics cuz its just *chefs kiss*), but every time I'd start a story involving real people, that inspiration would diminish within days and it would stay in my drafts for God knows how long and I'd never touch it again.

You see, fanfiction was my saving grace in high school and it was my original spark to my writing ventures. Essentially escaping to this alternate universe that the writer lets you immerse yourself in and make you forget reality one chapter at a time. We can all admit that we love that feeling. That was the kind of storytelling I wanted to do and after taking some time away from this platform and really practice my craft, I'm finally ready to come back and get to work.

Full transparency, it definitely hasn't been easy. I'm a poet by nature (and so used to writing page long imagines), so I had no clue that writing this story would take a lot more elbow grease. As my first story, I knew 2 things would have to happen that I've never done before: I had to plan out the whole plot and I'd have to be patient with the creative process. And let me be the first to tell you that it's a process, no doubt. Honestly, I didn't know I was such a perfectionist until I published chapter 1 and then unpublished it just to have more time to revise it.

My inspirations for this story came quite randomly. I was in a Pete Davidson phase and I couldn't find a lot of fanfics about him. My mind went straight to, "well I guess I'll just make one myself.." famous last words lol, but I felt ready to put the pen to the paper. But remember what I said earlier about straying away from writing fanfiction? Yeah, this is where that comes into play. Upon writing the exoskeleton for the story as a whole, I realized later on that writing about a real guy that would probably see this in a Buzzfeed article made me feel weird, so i did what any writer would do to create the character that is essentially the celebrity crush, but we don't wanna say their name in the story: I watched Big Time Adolescence and King of Staten Island.

In doing further research, I found out that Pete created King of Staten Island loosely based on his life experiences and then all the missing pieces in my head fell into place. That's what I knew I wanted to do for this story and luckily I only had to tweak little minor details, but it was all there from the very beginning. Yes, this is technically a Pete Davidson fanfiction, but to avoid any awkwardness and in order for my writing to be taken seriously, his name in this story will be changed and the main girl will be loosely based on myself and my dreams/aspirations. Same personality, same career, just a different name. That being said, this story (no matter if it flops or not) will remain close to my heart for the rest of my writing career and I hope you all enjoy it in all its beauty!

Your Author,

Skylar Harrison aka @Skylo_rennn