Grimmauld Place

The three men were in a deep conversation, none of them seemed to notice us entire the kitchen. I couldn't pick up what they were saying, but it was something about an order, Harry, and a Phoenix. Whatever that was supposed to mean. Only did they seem to acknowledge us, was when Ron tripped over Fred's trunk and swore under his breath. They all turned to face us, Lupin and Dumbledore smiling.

"Ah, hello students," Dumbledore said warmly. "I see you  found everything alright, Arthur?"

"Yes sir." Mr.Weasley replied. "Without a hitch."

"I'm sorry but, what are we doing here?" Fred asked impatiently.

"Here, Mr.Weasley happens to be the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. Of which you will be living in until the start of term." Dumbledore explained. "I expect Miss Granger will be joining you soon."

"Hermione's coming?" Ron asked suspiciously.

"But of course. Sadly, Harry can not join us just yet." Dumbledore said happily at first then growing sad.

"What's he doing here?" I asked coldly, gesturing towards Sirius.

"Miss Fleming, unlike popular belief, this man is innocent of all charges. And has been ever so kind to let us use his home as a headquarters." Dumbledore replied calmly, almost as if he expected me to say that.

"House? More of a childhood home." Sirius scoffed.

"Now, down to business. Molly, Arthur, if you please." Dumbledore said, staring at us young ones.

"Ah, yes." Mr. Weasley said. "Children go find yourselves a room upstairs. We have some— Er— business to attend to."

Several agitated groans followed this before Molly started shoving us up the stairs, trunks in hand. Ron took the second room we passed, Ginny took the one on the next landing. Leaving me and the twins to continue walking up to the next landing, where there was only one available room.

We opened the door and stepped inside, the air inside was musty and stale. The curtains and tapestries were torn and faded. What I could see of the window was moldy and shattered in several places. However, two beds were facing each other, on opposite walls. The bedsheets and covers looked as old as dirt. They were moth-ridden and torn on multiple seems.

"Fred and I will take this one," George said, pointing at the bed closest to the doorway. "We alright with that one?"

"Brilliant," I said trying to smile.

I set my trunk down by the foot of my bed, the twins got the bigger bed, since there were two of them after all. The only perk about my bed was, it was near a window. While the window wasn't the cleanest, it was still a window, and I was grateful for the small amount of scenery I could see.

Fred and George were pulling something out from their trunk, I couldn't quite make out what it was. It was long and the end of it almost looked like an ear...

"Oi! Fleming come here!" Fred shouted at me, jerking his neck toward his side of the room.

I amused Fred and went over to him. He was holding the object I was unfamiliar with. I looked at it suspiciously, then up to him, awaiting an explanation.

"This my dear friend," George began gesturing towards whatever Fred was holding.

"Is an Extendable Ear." Fred finished. "It allows you to eavesdrop on anyone's conversation."

"It's simple really," George piped up. "You put the earpiece to your ear, and drop the cord down as close as you can to the room they are in."

"Now, we all want to know what the hell is going on in the kitchen, correct?" Fred inquired, looking quite smug.