𝟒𝟓

Viewer Discretion Advised

*chapter ahead will touch on the terrifying and horrible event that took place May 25, 2020 of the passing of George Floyd, the passing of Breonna Taylor in March 13 and the passing of Ahmaud Arbery in February. While also including a tough topic about racism and colorism that happens towards black people. No, I'm making fun of the situation, but instead expressing my thoughts and emotions through my characters. I don't mean to offend anyone at all. This was hard for me as a young, black girl to write myself, but this is a way for me to express myself about this whole situation that took place. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter*

"I can't breathe officer, please!"

"Momma!"

The crying and shouting for help from George Floyd was heard on the phone. Talking from the bystanders, telling the officer to get off him and that he couldn't breathe. He stopped talking and all you could hear was the bystanders still yelling and shouting at the officers. Some talking to one of the officers asking him to tell his partner to get off him.

But, it was already too late.

Constance leaned on the wall, watching the footage on her phone. Once the video ended, she rewinded it back a little until it was on the spot she wanted.

"I can't breathe."

She rewinded it again just to hear him say those three words.

"I can't breath."

Pausing the video, she stare at her phone. She look at the officer kneeling on Floyd neck, his hands in his pockets. Tears roll down her cheeks as she continued staring at it. She rock side to side, biting down on the inside of her lip as she continued crying silently.

She swallow the huge lump in her throat. She couldn't bring herself to say anything because she was lost for words. She did have one question though...why?

Why did this happen?

Why did three officers come?

Why did it escalate like that?

Why did the officer stay on his neck?

Why didn't he get off him?

Why was he kneeling there with his hands in his pockets like it was cool?

Why was the world like this?

Why?

That's all she wanted to know. And the fact that none of the other officers didn't even do anything. None of them told their partner to get up and put him in the car.

None of them stopped him.

He stayed there for eight minutes and forty-six seconds.

8 minutes and 46 seconds...

How do you keep your knee on a man, a BLACK MAN neck for eight whole minutes and forty-six seconds. Your hands in your pockets like you was supposed to be there, like he wasn't a human being. A whole living and breathing human that told you several times he couldn't breathe.