XII

12.

Lynn was moving as fast as he could go, dodging the remnants of Barbossa's crew as he attempted to find a familiar face. Stumbling through the shallows, the prince emerged drenched and the remains of blood trickled down his cheek from where he had been cut and past his lips from where he had been punched.

Somehow, Lynn managed. He always did. The adrenaline helped him battle many pirates and move past them by either knocking them out cold or outsmarting them. They could not be killed and trying to do so would get him nowhere so Lynn did what he did best, he stuck to the shadows and moved without so much as a sound. Though he needn't worry about the sound he may make, everywhere around him blades were clashing and he found himself worried some lucky man might chop off a good length of his precious hair more than he was of his own perish.

He found Jack wandering around one of the smaller tunnels, he walked as if he were drunk and looked like he had just woken up from being knocked out. Perhaps he had. Lynn attempted to gain Jack's attention by whispering his name and flinging his arms about in a fruitless attempt to get the Captain to notice the limping man. Jack never got these signals and walked straight into the open where some of Barbossa's men were looking for Elizabeth.

When they noticed the seemingly oblivious Captain, Lynn forced his figure back into the shadows and watched as Jack ruined his chance of getting out of Isla de Meurta as a free man. The unsuspecting Captain only gathered what was actually going on when the cold butt of a pistol was directed at his head. He opened his mouth and squinted his eyes as he tried to figure out what to say.

"Pulleley...polleleyleeloo...parlenee...parsnip...parsley...partner..." Lynn mentally facepalmed 'parlay' he wanted to whisper but refrained in fear of revealing himself.

"Parlay?" one of Barbossa's crew members spoke up in a helpful manner.

"That's the one! Parlay! Parlay!" Jack exclaimed triumphantly.

"Parlay? Damn to the depths whatever muttonhead thought up Parlay!" another crew member spoke up angrily as he couldn't legally blow Jack's head off.

"That would be the French" Jack added in a mocking tone as he playfully lowered the butt of the pistol away from his frame.

As the dead men led Jack away, Lynn caught his gaze for a second before retiring into a different tunnel, Jack would find his way out, he always did and if not- they would come back for him. At least- Lynn would.

Almost as soon as Lynn rounded the next corner, he ran into a built figure and the prince let his instincts kick in, blindly pushing the unnamed pirate against the closest tunnel wall and raising his hand back with his dagger as to strike. It was just Will and Lynn exhaled before dropping his hand to his side.

"you've got to stop pushing me against the nearest wall, Lynn" Will spoke in a hushed but teasing manner as he helped Lynn maneuver around the tunnels to regroup with the rest of Jack's crew. Lynn could tell Will was worried as he kept sending not-so-subtle glances at Lynn's knee or the cut on his flesh.

"Blasted! boy, you had us all worried there with your sharp-witted remarks- we thought ye' te' be dead." Gibbs exclaimed as soon as the two men came into view.

"Well, it proved to be an excellent distraction" Elizabeth applauded as she came out from the shadows, casting a long glance to Will before smiling her thanks at Lynn. Lynn, having seen this, chose to ignore that feeling in his gut and replied,