1

No POV
"If you knew I was in there... why didn't you let me out?" Lapis asked pearl.

They were sitting on a hill next to the barn admiring the sunset view. The wind gently blew as the grass swayed slowly.

Pearl and Lapis hadn't really talked much, mostly because either pearl was saving the world all the time and because lapis didn't know how to feel about Pearl after everything that has happened before.

Pearl and Lapis had become friendly since then.

"I don't know," Pearl answered honestly "I guess it was because I knew if I let you out then you might leave."

Lapis looked at pearl, pearls head down in embarrassment and bitter shame.

Lapis put her hand on Pearls shoulder. "It's... ok" It was out of character for her to do this, but for some reason something was different. Lapis didn't know what that was though.

Pearl smiled and looked back at the view.

"I am happy you are here now," said Pearl "You really have changed!"

Lapis blushed.

The Next Day...

The next day Pearl arrived at the barn with Steven. Peridot was working on some machines and Lapis was reading a book.

When she saw Pearl had arrived, she immediately closed the book and flew beside her.

"Hi Pearl," Lapis said "Hello Steven!"

Lapis liked the company she was receiving. It made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. Not cold!

Peridot was already TONS of company, but Lapis enjoyed having Pearl around to. Oh! And of course Stevens as well!!

"We have a mission we have to take care of," Pearl says "And we need your help"

To be continued...