Chapter 21

Marinette's Perspective

We impatiently wait for Nino and Alya to come over, and I begin to panic.

"Is this really a good idea? Alya will flip when she finds out. She runs the Ladyblog! What if she accidentally slips up one day! Oh no we can't do this!" I notice myself babbling but Adrien smiles at me.

"They're our best friends. We'll always trust them," he reassures me while planting a small kiss on my cheek.

"Hey, girl!" I hear Alya shout as she walks up the stairs with Nino behind her. "What was so important that it couldn't wait for- Adrien?"

"Dudes, how's it going! What did you have to tell us, Marinette?" Nino asks.

Adrien and I look at each other and give each other a look of agreement. I slowly open my purse and Tikki flies out. I watch Alya and Nino's mouths collapse, but they don't say anything.

Adrien's Perspective

I open my shirt and Plagg pops his head out. Their eyes dart between Plagg and Tikki, and I can't tell what's on their minds.

"Do they not speak or something?" Plagg says.

"Knock it off, it's a reasonable reaction," I reply nervously.

As continue to look at us in disbelief, Marinette and I share a nervous glance.

"You're telling me that my best friend was Ladybug the entire time? And I have a whole blog devoted to my best friend? Why didn't you tell me girl!" Alya exclaims, but Nino continues to look at us in disbelief.

After a few moments he finally breaks his silence. "This is way epic, dude! My bro is the one and only Chat Noir!"

Marinette and I let out a sigh of relief.

"I know it's hard to believe, but you can't tell anyone under any circumstances! Our identities must remain a secret. We told you because..." Marinette's voice trails off as she grabs my hand, and they both gasp.

"No way! My closest friends are superheroes and now they're finally dating! It was only a matter of time," Alya protests as she crosses her arms and we all laugh at her. "Hey it's true! I've been rooting for this since Marinette told me she likes you."

"Don't worry, bro. Your secret will always be safe with Carapace and Rena Rouge," Nino says, and Alya nods her head.

"I knew we could count on you! Thank you for being so understanding, and for being the best friends in the world," Marinette exclaims.

"It's been hard keeping this a secret but we're glad we told you," I add.

Alya jumps out of her chair. "This calls for some ice cream to celebrate this remarkable occasion!"

We all look at each other excitedly, and Alya is the first to run downstairs. Marinette grabs my hand and drags me down the stairs.

"Next stop: André Glacier!" Nino says and we all shout excitedly.

I take Marinette's hand in mine and kiss her cheek, intertwining our fingers together as we stroll down the street.

_______________________________

A/N: the end my lovelies 💞