Chapter 2

Godric threw the door open, but to his slight disappointment, it was Rowena and her parents at the door; not Salazar. His mother greeted Rowena and her parents and the three went into the living room.

"Are the others here yet?" Rowena asked.

"No," Godric replied, checking the clock in the living room, "the clock struck 3pm just now."

"Yeah, well, you know I like to be punctual." Rowena replied.

"Right, of course..." Godric said. He should have gotten used to this by now as whenever they met Rowena always arrived on time, but he still hadn't. It still surprised him.

"Come on then," he said. "Do you want to wait in the library till the others come?"

"Is that a question?" She asked.

Godric rolled his eyes.

Rowena went to the library but Godric waited near the door, tapping his foot impatiently. Finally, the other two arrived.

"Hello Godric! How are you?" Helga asked smiling brightly.

"I'm fine," he replied. "Rowena is waiting for you in the library by the way."

"Oh, is she already here?" Salazar asked sarcastically. "The thought never crossed my mind."

Godric grinned.

The three went into the library. Their library wasn't exactly a library. There were just quite a lot of books there.

"So," Helga asked "what are we doing today?"

"I managed to do something," Rowena said. She lifted her finger and pointed at a sparrow sitting on the window sill. The sparrow froze as thought it was a statue and fell down."

"Poor sparrow," Helga said sympathetically.

"That was, wow.." Salazar said in awe.

"You know," Helga said thoughtfully, "I was thinking of telling our parents that we can do magic. It's not a good thing, keeping secrets."

"Sure," Godric said.

"I don't know..." Rowena said uncertainly.

"I agree with Rowena," Salazar said.

"Im pretty sure that they can do magic as well ," Helga said. "Today, I saw mum lifting the pan without even touching it. She was only pointing at the pan with a stick and muttering some words."

"I think we should," Godric said.

They were practicing the 'levitation spell', as Rowena had named it, when suddenly, the library door opened. The four froze in their tracks, like deer in headlight. Their Helga's mother stood, gawping at them. Her eyes wide with mixed expressions; awe, fascination, surprise and shock.

"I- you can do magic?" She asked.

"Er- yes?" Rowena said.

"Erm- come on," she said.

The four exchanged glances as Helga's mother walked out.

"How could I have been so stupid!?" Rowena exclaimed. "I forgot to lock the door."

"Glad you finally realized that you're stupid," Godric said, snickering.

"It's fine though," Helga said. "We were going to tell them anyways."

Rowena and Salazar rolled their eyes.

"We hadn't decided that yet." Salazar said.

"Come on," Rowena said. "We'd better get going."

The four went to the drawing room where their parents were sitting. They all looked shocked and surprised.

"You all can do magic?!" Godric's mother exclaimed. "Why didn't you tell us?"

Godric shrugged.

"How do you know about magic?" He asked. "Can you do magic as well?"

"Well... " Said Mr. Ravenclaw, "only a few spells."

"And by a few he means five to six," Mrs. Ravenclaw said.

"But- why didn't you ever tell us about it then?!" Rowena exclaimed.

Mrs. Gryffindor sighed. "Well the truth is...."

(A/N : I'm really sorry for the very late update and the short chapter but I'll update soon... Maybe on Friday? And I really appreciate the positive feedback! Please comment if you liked this chapter. Comments help me write better...)