Run

The breeze was steady and cold, as any late December breeze is. It swept over the forest, rustling the branches and moving them in tune to the invisible melody of the wind. Across the way, down in the middle of the forest, the trees were bending in an erratic path. It was silent except for the wind and the pounding of feet, beating in a frantic rhythm. It was sudden, when a figure burst out of the forest running full pace to get away, he knew Alonetraveler was chasing him. He dared not stop and look back after seeing the mutilated body of his friend Selozar in the house of the old couple the myth had mercilessly gutted.

He had no business upstairs the house, only his curiosity, yet somehow he had stumbled upon a mutilated body of Selozar, he didn't know if Alonetraveler would show mercy to him, he knew bad luck followed curious people, and yet he still ventured out that morning with every intent to spend his Christmas with Alonetraveler. Now though, he was regretting the decision with every passing second.

Every breath he took was labored. Every step taken with shaking legs, every mile seemed to pass in hundreds. He tripped, he fell in a flurry of pain and limbs, he yelped as he hit the cold December snow and the air in his lungs was expelled. Albert picked himself off of the soft snow and dashed, he was quick, but not as quick as the myth, the air whistled around him as he ran.

The myth was high on the chase and took the chance to pounce. Albert shrieked as he was now on the ground covered by Alonetraveler's body that's made of rock and stone, Albert was scared, a bone deep terror that filled every fiber and nerve in his body. His eyes were blurred with tears as he stared at the eyes of the statue like creature.

"Got you" Alonetraveler chirped happily and smiled