4

quick a/n: just so u know in this story kuon won't have any romantic feelings for sniper mask😔 sad ik but it's all so u guys aren't awkward haha. i also want to thank u for all the support so far!! it's great to finally be publishing stuff again, luv u guys fr

————

You woke up the next morning with a splitting headache, sitting up straight in your bed and rubbing the sleepy from your eyes. How late were you up last night? The aftermath of whatever had happened was still just a jumble of thoughts in your head. You groaned, your vision slowly adjusting to the room you were in.

Wait—room? You couldn't remember how you got here. You couldn't remember a lot of things, actually, except that you were out with your friends yesterday, then you called your sister and... and then what?

You looked to your left, where the wall was, and nearly jumped out of your skin.

"You!" You pulled your covers to your chest in a desperate attempt to shield yourself. "What—What's happening? Where am I?"

Sniper Mask was sitting in a chair pulled out beside your bed, just... watching you. Or maybe he wasn't. You couldn't really tell with the mask. But he was looking at you now, a cigarette dangling from his lips as he cleared his throat.

You narrowed your eyes, still trying to comprehend what the hell was going on. "Where am I?"

"We found you blacked out on the roof last night," he said suddenly, beginning to lean forward in his chair. His voice was rough, deep, and maybe a even little husky. Exactly how you had pictured it. "This is a hotel room."

Sure enough, when you studied the room again, you realized he was right. The hotel room was dark and dreary, despite it being first thing in the morning, and the walls were painted an ugly teal complimented by an even uglier wooden trim. Your bedsheets were printed with orchids.

"I..." you stumbled on your words, your mouth agape as you took in the entirety of your surroundings. "What do you mean you found me blacked out? Who's we?"

Before Sniper Mask could answer you, the door to the room flung open and a young girl about your age strolled inside. She had this gorgeous Ombre hair that went from pale turquoise to pink, and in her hands she held a tray, topped with what looked to be a full breakfast.

"Oh, you're awake?" A bright smile made its way onto her face. She placed the tray at the edge of your bed, taking a step back out of courtesy. "You had us so worried last night. We were afraid you were sick or something."

You furrowed your brows. You were skeptical of these two, mostly because of how different they seemed compared to each other. Sniper Mask was cool, aloof, and... well, murderous. But this girl looked like the embodiment of friendliness itself.

"Who are you?" You asked sharply, brushing aside her hospitality. "What's happening? What is he doing here?"

"You know Mr. Mask?" The girl beamed. "He's so kind, isn't he? He carried you all the way here, you know."

Mr. Mask...?

You looked to the sniper at your bedside, the one with the the polished rifle and the bone-chilling smile on his mask. You thought about her words. Kind—sure. He was kind alright, the way he so graciously tried to put a bullet in your skull the other day. It was hard to believe this was the same guy, staring at you now, completely and utterly emotionless. Why was he with this pretty young girl? And why wasn't he killing her?

"I'm Kuon," she said when she realized you weren't going to give her an answer. "Kuon Shinzaki. And this is Mr. Mask. He paired up with me yesterday because I was too afraid of being alone."