4

Kaydn POV

May fifteenth.

That's like, two weeks away and anything could happen between now and then. What if this is all a big joke? What if he really doesn't want to meet me? Or what if his dad thinks I'm some stupid girl that isn't good enough to stay friends with Jesse?

"Dude, are you okay?" Shannon asked. He was on my bed with his boyfriend Dylan.

I shook my head before saying, "No. No, I'm not okay. What if he really doesn't like me? I know we're like best friends, but he could change his mind as soon as he sees me. Like, he could hug me and then be all 'oh well we've already got to go catch the flight back home.'" I attempted to do my best country accent even though Jesse doesn't really have one.

I'm not the best when it comes to doing different accents. Except for Australian, I have nailed that one.

"Honey," Dylan began, "if this boy is too blind to see what he's got right in front of him, he's not worth it."

"Dylan, we're not dating. I mean I wouldn't mind dating him, but he doesn't like me in that way. No one ever has," I told him.

"Except for Z-" Shannon started.

"Say his name and we are no longer friends or family."

"Ouch," he said with fake hurt. He knew that I could only stay mad at him for short periods of time. I couldn't live without Shannon in my life. We laughed for a minute before Dylan finally said something.

"No, but I'm serious, darling. If he doesn't see what an amazing girl he has, he needs to get those hot eyes of his checked." I nodded in agreement. I mean I do really like Jesse but if he doesn't know if he likes me, he needs to just let me go.

I laughed to myself as I sang If You Don't Know by 5SOS in my head but quickly stopped when I realized I was singing out loud.

"I swear to God if you make a rude comment, I will murder you both."

"No, you sounded fine, sweetheart," Dylan said. I love how he comes up with all these nicknames to call me. I want a boyfriend like Dylan. Only not gay, you know?

"No, I sound like a dying octopus."

"A dying octopus? Most people say a dying whale but octopuses are cool too, I guess," Shannon said.

"Shut up! I'm just nervous even though I have, like, two weeks before meeting Jesse. All these questions and scenarios keep popping into my head. It's making me regret everything."

"Well, that escalated quickly," Dylan said, shaking his head in the processes.

"Yeah, well, life escalates quickly. One minute everything is fine and the next you're another Kardashian; a millionaire with no valid reason to be one." This got a laugh out of us all. See, sometimes I'm funny. I'm not always a heartless person with no sense of humor.

"Now, Kaydn, let's have fun tonight since you get to meet your future lover in less than three weeks," Shannon said.

"There's not much to do. I mean all the fun stuff is closing. Like, laser tag and everything." I plopped onto my bed in front of the two men sitting on it. They're such a cute couple. You can tell they love each other. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I want a relationship like theirs.

"We can go . . ." Dylan paused.

We all shouted as loud as we could in our best impressions of the movie White Chicks, "Shopping!" I ran to my closet and quickly changed into some semi-presentable clothes. I don't really care considering I'm not particularly friends with anyone here.

I heard Dylan say, "We need to buy her something that makes him want to pounce on her."

"Babe, we want her to live through this. Not die because he accidentally kills her when they meet," Shannon replied.

"As long as we're not buying lingerie, I'm all for it," I called from the bathroom. "You guys ready, because I am." I walked out, tripping over my own feet and almost falling face first into the floor.

-.-.-.-

Two hours later, thirteen stores, and twenty-five bags later, we were finally back home and in my room.

"Can you believe we almost got locked inside three stores?" I laughed and started dumping out all the new shoes, shirts, jeans, and accessories onto the bed. It was a lot to be honest. I'm not sure how we afforded all this, but we did. "Come help me pick an outfit for tomorrow. Richie has a baseball game and I want to look hot."

Dylan and Shannon came over and started digging through the mass of stuff on the sheets. There were several rounds of "Where did we get this?" and "Ew. What made us get her that?" They fought over a lot of what I should wear. Each one had a different style. Shannon was a bit more on the girly side and Dylan was more of a punk and grunge guy.

Eventually Dylan won and got to pick most of the outfit. He picked a batman shirt, a black beanie, a red and black flannel, bleached and ripped shorts, yellow converse, and a yellow smiley face bag that I could use if I carried anything.

"Aren't you glad we bought all of this?" Dylan asked with a smirk.

"You win this time, but when she meets Jesse I'm picking her outfit," Shannon said. "In fact, why don't we just pick that out now so you don't have to struggle so much when the time comes?"

I watched as he picked up some of the most girly things we bought. "Ew, why did we get that? My stomach is so gross," I said as he held a blue crop top up. I refused a lot of the clothes he held up because I'm not that girly. I don't even remember buying half of these things.

"Well, will you wear a dress?" he asked. I violently shook my head no. I'm okay with skirts, but put me in a dress and it'll be the start of World War III. "You're such a difficult child." After a moment of digging through everything, he started to get annoyed with my new clothes. "Why are they all black? Ugh."

Finally, he settled on a shirt that said "New York City Girl" and some random shoes he found in my closet to go with it.

"We'll have to go shopping either tomorrow or next weekend to get the skirt I need for it."

"Yeah, okay, whatever," I said. "Any time is fine for me since you're the only friends I have here."

We ended up talking the rest of the night about anything and everything until dawn, then we passed out, sprawled across the bed.