Floukru Princess

**** just like the last couple times, I'll pick a name and you can substitute yours in.
Background- you're a new member of floukru, a former Azgeda warrior, but you seek peace.
Your name- Echo's older sister (aka Ash), Aria

________________________________

Lincoln had been right; this place was like a dream.

I had arrived at the Floukru sanctuary just a day ago, and it was about as peaceful as anything I've ever experienced.

Out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by calm water that lapped gently at the posts that kept us afloat.

My whole life I'd been fighting. As an Azgeda born warrior, it was in my nature to lust for blood and war, and violence among other things.

Queen Nia warped me until I was a weapon fit for her disposal. They had trained Echo to be a spy after they realized I didn't have the guts to do the job.

I hated that place with every inch of my heart. Echo loved it, loved the fight. Loved being important, valued.

I felt differently. But none of that mattered now. Here I could find peace, live out the rest of my life surrounded by people who wanted nothing to do with fighting, who never desired to pick up a sword and strike down one last victim.

Luna was the first person to greet me when I stepped off the ship. Her curly hair brushed along my face as she held me in a tight embrace. "Lincoln said you would come," she said quietly.

I nodded against her face. I missed her. We had been friends when we were younger. Before the Conclave. Before she fled.

I didn't blame her. Even at the time I started to withdraw from the violence Azgeda incessantly encouraged. So when Luna ran, I supported her, even though I cried when she left.

Sometimes I laid awake at night, thinking of what could've been. The night before she left, we told each other secrets. I was about to tell her my most important one when we heard someone coming.

I turned around after the footsteps had faded, but she was gone. The next morning, she was nowhere to be found. I never even got to say goodbye.

Now that I was back again, looking at her years later, she looked similar, but also so much different.

Her bushy, curly hair still enveloped her face like it had when we were younger. She still walked with the same purpose, spoke with an intent. Still cared like she always had.

I just hoped she still cared about me. I thought of her every damn day after she left. I hoped she thought of me too.

The night was settling in and warm salty air blew across my face as I leaned outside against the railing.

Wind blew my hair behind my ears and I shifted my gaze into the setting sun just above the horizon. It was a sweet orange color, mixing with bright yellows and occasionally a darker red, closer to the water.

The ocean lapped gently at the columns keeping us afloat. The sea was calm tonight, as was I.

I was so lost in thought I didn't notice her until she was leaning against the railing next to me.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Came a woman's voice.

I looked over to my left. Luna was there, her hair billowing behind her as she stared out into the horizon.

I watched her as she turned her head to face me. The sunlight illuminated half of her face, and cast a dark shadow on the other.

"Not as beautiful as you," I said without thinking. Regret washed over me.