Story Idea #1: CyberPUNK'D into the Future

As you can tell by the title of this short idea story, I was drawn to this concept when Cyberpunk 2077 Demo was seen at E3 back in 2018, I kept the story title in my head and wanted to create it when the game was going to be released back in Decem...

As you can tell by the title of this short idea story, I was drawn to this concept when Cyberpunk 2077 Demo was seen at E3 back in 2018, I kept the story title in my head and wanted to create it when the game was going to be released back in December 2020 after countless delays. 

But as you can tell now, the game didn't live up to its hype and was a total buggy mess of a game, with some of its content being cut from it. Writing this now, I still have the story draft I created but had some doubts about posting it as the game story didn't fit well with what I had (should've thought this sooner).

The story was going to be a self-insert reader with a backstory but decided against it as it offered no interesting values.

 This is what I wrote to describe the story: 

Life was looking great for you, just finished college and left with your Master's Degree in computer coding within your hand and began working as a software programmer at an engineering firm. Though you got your future looking bright, you crave for something bigger. One day at your workplace a fire broke out near the lab you've been working causing a chain reaction, sending you 50 years into a dystopian future. With nothing more but your coding skills in mind, you want to go home instantly. But in the back of your head, this was probably the best chance to make it big.

So as you can tell by the description, I tried to think of a direction where I wanted this story to go which had me thinking for some time as I went through the rough edges of each way. As I was going through my head, I decided to also include characters from other Cyberpunk genres to further developed the story as well as seeing how they react to the main character. 

So on, I have some ideas for how this story could work but it will take some time for this story to be published. 

Peace Out

-Ex_Cat