Klance 🌧

Angst request from Huffle_133

•••••

    A harsh slam echoed in the room, and the sound of metal and porcelain clinging together erupted in the ears nearby. "That's. It," A firm voice said aloud. "I'm tired of this, Lance! I'm tired of you moping around!!" The same person growled and pointed at the boy across the table. It had been years since Princess Allura's noble sacrifice for all realities.
     "I'm not moping!!" A brown haired male responds. It was like they were teenagers again. With their petty rivalry when Voltron first returned. "I'm just... grieving," he spoke much more quietly.
     The raven haired man gripped the edge of the dining table tightly. "Grieving?! This isn't grieving!! It's unhealthy!!!" The Galra mix argued. He cared about his friend. He was just showing it in his very own way, but he could be difficult to understand sometimes. "Face it, Lance. Allura is gone, and you're not the only one that misses her!" His breath hitched. "... We all do," he adds.
Silence filled the air and the tension grew. Tension so thick you could slice it with a knife like a block of cheese.
"It's different..." Lance had begun.
"I know that! But you should at least try to move on, Lance!!" Kogane shouts. "It's- it's killing you!! You're so lonely!! You quit Voltron!! You hardly contact us!! I-" he stammered out as he made aggressive hand motions. He huffed, "We're worried about you..." he told the other man. "I'm not... telling you to forget," he paused and sighed. "I'm telling you to try to find someone... new," he suggested.
The taller shook his head, "It's not that easy..."
"I know-"
     "You don't know!!! You don't understand, Keith!! You've never been in love!! No one else has ever loved you ba-" Lance shouts back, but soon he froze so he wouldn't finish that sentence.
     The male with the mullet soon began to nod slowly, "Yeah, Lance..." He inhaled sharply and tensed up, staring at his feet. "I know..." He muttered. He bared his teeth. "C'mon, boy. It was a bad idea to meet up..." Keith muttered to his pet cosmic wolf.
     "Keith..!" The Cuban male spoke. He watched as the male grabbed his blade off the table. His friend's back was turned to him as he began to walk away. "Keith. Wait-!" Lance huffed out as he got up. "Keith!!" He shouts as he reach to grab his shoulder. But both Kosmo and Keith wisps away and merged into a bright cosmetic ball that soon frizzles and disappears. "Fuck," he cursed underneath his breath.

- Several Weeks Later -

     "Hey, Lance, did you hear?" A unisex toned voice asked.
     The male with altean marks raised his head from picking at the leaves off a beautifully bloomed flower. One a deep red. "Hear what?" His voice was monotone.
     "What the quiznak, Lance? You look horrible!!" The brunette spoke in a matter-of-fact tone. She was for her friend.
     "Heh," The dark haired man chuckled weakly. "I know, Pidge. Thanks," he muttered. It was true. He was well aware of the bags that heavily grew under his eyes, and how much duller his eyes appeared.
     "Dude, that wasn't a compliment! Are you okay?" Katie asked as she stepped towards her friend more. She sat her helmet down in the grass and plopped down next to her friend, leaning against the trunk of a tree.
     "I'm fine," The other said in a very unconvincing tone. "Mhm," he hummed on. "What did you come here to tell me?" McClain asked, ignoring the sigh from his close friend.
     Pidge shook her head, "Well... I came here to let you know about Keith-"
     "I don't want to know about him."
     "Why?! You're totally head over heels for him!! What happened?!"
     The former paladin sighed, "You don't get it-"
     "You're right! I don't! So why don't you tell me what's going on?" Pidge had begun to raise her voice. Lance huffed out a loud sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose.
"It's stupid-" He had begun.
"Tell me!!" Paladin Holt shouted, balling her little hands into fists. Katie never got this upset unless she was really serious. It took her friend by surprise.
"Fine-" The boy started again. "Keith and I kinda got into an argument-" he made difficult and nervous hand gestures.
"Typical."
"Hey!!!" The Cuban man huffed. This could be the most emotion he's shown since his argument with Keith. "It's just... we got into an argument and I told him that no one's loved him-"
"What the quiznak, Lance!! What's-" Pidge's voice grew less relaxed and more loud.
"Wrong with me? I know..." The blue eyed boy muttered. "I totally screwed everything up," he sighed.
"That's why you're so down," Pidge concludes sadly. She continued in a mutter, "He feels like he's lost everything he's ever loved." Lance squeezed his eyes shut and sighed.
He grit his teeth softly, "I can hear you, Pidge!!!"
     "Sorry-" the girl apologized and chuckled nervously. "Now that, this is all over with. Do you wanna hear about Mister Mullet now?" She asked. Her friend huffed hesitantly.
"Fine..." He rolls his eyes.
"Keith quit Voltron again!!"
"WHAT?!" Lance shrieked. "Wha- huh? Why?! Who's flying the black lion?" He asked and rubbed his head out of confusion,
Pidge shrugged, "Well... nobody is flying the black lion, and no one really knows what's gotten into him. We couldn't squeeze anything out of him before he left. You know how he is."
"Yeah... you're right," The former paladin frowned. "I just don't get why he wouldn't have said anything. Last time he just sorta told us where he was going."
"He's probably in the lone wolf phase again," Katie suggested.
"I guess so..." Lance spoke after huddling his knees to his chest. He knew that probably wasn't the case. He felt guilty. He felt like he really hurt Keith. That this was entirely his fault.