Part 3

Since Rae finished her shift early, she left a note for Maksim to meet her at home. She got to finish her homework over lunch, so she had some time before class.

She didn't mind walking home. It was a long trip, but she enjoyed the time to think. On her way there, she passed an old repair shop. Their broken TV popped into her head. Maksim was very upset that they had no funds to repair it, and she hated that.

She looked around and found an empty metal box that looked like a dump site. Other than that, the place was empty.

Her father taught her a few things about mechanics, so she figured that if she located the right parts, she could fix the TV herself. She rose to her tippy toes and peeked in. There was a mess of wires in there, and lots of scrap metal. Most looked like auto parts. Maybe she could find the right piece and ask the owner of the repair shop if she could keep it.

The sound of approaching thunder made her turn around. When she found the leering biker from the restaurant, she snaked a hand behind her and grabbed the nearest shard of metal.

Like a devil on a horse of death, he swung a leg off the bike and began his stalking.

Her heart boomed as loud as the engine of his bike. "Please go. Leave me alone," she warned, looking around her. "I don't have anything for you."

"How 'bout that Russian pussy?" he laughed.

She shrank away, hurting herself from how tightly she clutched the metal. "I'm not Russian! Just go. I don't want problems."

"What problems could you possibly give me, little thing?"

His booted feet stomped toward her. She didn't run, because she knew he would chase her like a starved predator.

He grinned, figuring that she was going to comply and let him rape her in broad daylight.

Her fist trembled from how hard she was gripping the metal. Maksim flashed in her mind. He wasn't here, though, so she needed to woman-up and show the creepy bastard that she wasn't a pushover.

There was nothing gracious or calculated about his approach. He was confident that he would suffocate her, as if she wasn't a threat. His greedy hands lifted.

When he was two feet away, Rae lifted her hand and cut her path to freedom. She heard a scream just as her hands were splashed with blood. She was surprised to see that it was red, and not tar-black.

She ducked and ran, leaving her attacker screaming and gripping his bleeding eye.

More thunder joined the storm as motorcycles approached. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to fight the whole motorcycle club, she squatted behind two tall bags of garbage. It smelled awful, but she'd rather be under it than the foul breath of panting rapists.

She peeked out and tried to control her trembling as three men dismounted from their bikes.

"Where is she?" he snarled, gripping his bleeding face.

"I told you to leave the fucking girl alone, Snake!"

"Fuck you gonna do? Go against a brother?" Snake gritted, his blood seeping into his bared teeth. His true colors painting him as the monster he was.

"You went against the club first. You just got patched in last month and you're already digging us shit we don't need. I told you she's Russian pussy."

"That Maksim bastard got no ties with the Russians. He's out."

"And you want to influence him back by sniffing after his territory? You idiot. Where is she?"

"The bitch ran off. But I'll find her," he laughed. "Gonna shove my prick into her until she bleeds just like my fucking eye."

"Damn you for putting me in this position, Snake. Brother or not, I can't put you before the club."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Hold him down, Blake. And you, go get Maksim."

"What are you doing?" Snake demanded as he got pinned down.

"I told you I don't want trouble with the Russians. I'm not going to war over pussy. I got to clean the air."

The motorcycle club president reached down and ripped Snake's cut off his shoulders.

"You're out the club, Snake."

Snake began throwing insults, demands, and threats.

Rae was too terrified to do anything but watch. Maksim came up many times in this conversation, as if he was a person in power. She couldn't connect the dots, though. Maksim had no connections to these men, other than their obsession with tattoos.

A car squealed, and the door flew open to present Maksim. Rae rose a few inches, considering running to him, and then froze.

This wasn't Maksim. She didn't recognize this man.

The door slammed close; the window shattering as a scowling Maksim presented himself.

"My girl," he said, his accent starker than usual. "Where is she?"

"I don't know, but the MC had nothing to do with this. Snake went rogue and chased her down. If you want him, he's all yours. We want no beef with the mafia."

The what?

Maksim walked forward, reaching behind him and pulling his shirt off his back. He tossed the cloth aside, revealing his bare chest, and pushed away the man that was pinning down Snake.

Snake scrambled to his feet.

"увидимся в аду," Maksim growled.

(see you in hell)

With that, he began swinging.

Even if Snake had both eyes, he would've lost this fight. Maksim was too big, too furious. He was a hurricane, and Snake was a breeze.

His fists came and went too fast to keep up with. Bones crunched and muscle ripped. The chest that Rae had been snuggling against early that morning became splattered with red.

She heard a soft thud, and when she looked at the front of the garbage bags, she found a human tooth.

She covered her mouth to hide her whimper, pressing hard enough to put her at risk of losing some of her own teeth.

Snake fell unconscious. Maksim was still thirsty, though. So he kicked, and stomped, until Snake's face became replaced by pink brains.

"My girl," Maksim repeated. He stared at the MC president, ignoring the fact that he still wore a murdered man. His chest and fist were dripping, but his gaze remained dry as if he was still thirsty.

"I don't know where she's at. My men will ride out through town and look for her."

She was right there. She could easily stand and run to Maksim, but she remained crouching. Her gut was too heavy to allow mobilization.

Maksim pulled his shirt over his bloodied chest. He straddled the dead man's bike, and he rode off in search of her.

Raelynn didn't want to be found.