The Prince and His Dream

Worlds with swords and magic are all good but what if you don't have any of those?

Nothing extraordinary happens, no secret organizations, no secret powers or any of the quirks of a reincarnated individual.

None.

And what's more is that I'm one of them.

Forget your about using your former knowledge, I doubt you even remember your high-school topics so how would you create a steam engine or create guns when you don't even know what are the exact materials for one.

Only geniuses or extremely lucky people have those quirks.

And you get ostracized if you are a noble without magical powers.

And I'm just one of the many noble kids without magic who get discriminated in this world.

Irritating.

And Its boring as heck.

After all no one would want to talk with a magic-less kid.

Haa...

Anyways, I'm still seeing glares and pitying stares even though its already been a year since I entered this academy.

There are a lot of kids like me as well so I'm not very special. Heck we even have a school organization of magic-less kids, the "Unblessed".

Very biased I know, but that's the way it is

But I always wanted to learn magic... haa.

I enter the classroom with my homies to get our stuff and go back to our dorms.

When I open the drawer in my seat, I see an envelope with a rose beside it.

I close the drawer first and call out to a friend that I won't be accompanying them for now. After they replied and went back to the dorms, I sit on my chair and contemplate. Should I open it or not?

It looks very suspicious. And it has a red rose beside it too.

Normally you would think that a rose would indicate a love confession but that's only in the modern world.

In this world roses are the signs of royalty and high-nobility.

So whoever sent this is surely a big-shot.

But what would they want a magic-less kid like me?

More like why but whatever.

Its to make me their pawn or something similar, if not those then they probably want me to do an errand(spy) for them.

Aaaaand, if its not any of those then they want to bully me. PERIOD.

I then open it  and I look at it suspiciously, only after making sure that no one is around did I take it out.

The envelope has nothing special in it except for the fact that it has a rose beside it.

I then open the envelope.

It says,

Good Day Sir Zachary,

I would like to invite you to the third classroom in the second floor of the Arts and Sciences Building.  

I thank you in advance.  

Adieu.

What a short and simple letter. Its frank and direct, not your typical letter from a big-shot.

And it has beautiful penmanship. They must have written a lot to reach this mastery of penmanship.

I wonder who left this...