Author's Note

Lucy Penn, an aristocrat and fledgling vampire, has to thwart the insidious ambitions of an ancient evil being in order to save 1890s London from eternal darkness.

__________

Please Read This Before Continuing

This novel is first and foremost a historical fiction with elements of suspense, paranormal, and romance playing second fiddle. Stylistically, it is written accordingly.

Vampires and other preternatural creatures do play a role, and while some ideas surrounding these beings come from old legends and classic literary works, the vast majority is my own mythology. For example, yes, vampires can see their reflections. They have physical bodies, don't they?

I have always been greatly influenced by classic literature. Authors such as Lewis Carroll, Bram Stoker, Mary Shelley, Jane Austen, and Edgar Allan Poe have been a part of my life and education for as long as I can remember. (As has Shakespeare; the story's text keeps this no secret.)

Bringing to life a sophisticated and historical-gothic cast of characters has long since been a dream of mine. Themes such as loneliness, loss of humanity, finding oneself, and the many forms of heartbreak are all explored through my protagonist Lucy, her dear Dr. Reed, and their friends, allies, and enemies. Every character in this book is, in one way or another, me. This book is a labor of love, and one I feel most privileged to share.

Thank you for reading.

My sincerest gratitude,
Mar

~ * ~

© Notice:
Carpe Noctem is my original creation and is published exclusively on Wattpad. If you are reading this novel on any other platform, it has been posted without my knowledge or consent.

_____