58-Ready

*jens pov*

I'm at my first shoot for Elle right now, and so far things have been going great. Christmas was 2 weeks ago and it was a success, I'm really glad Emme had a good time.

"Yes I did. Did you?" I ask Mr.Byrum as he's talking to me while we take a break from the shoot. "It was great, I spent it with my wife, and my kids came down." He says. "Oh you have kids?" I ask. "Yes! 2 boys." He nods his head. "Wow. I couldn't imagine that.." I giggle and so does he. "I couldn't either, but- here I am." He says and I smile.

"Alright well I'll let you get back to it." He says to me as I'm just sitting here, dressed up, with my hair did and a full face of makeup. "Ok, bye." I say. We continue the shoot, and finally I get to go home.

I drive over to Leah's work and walk into her office. "Hey." I say. "Hi." She says, focused on her laptop. I walk over to her to see what she's looking at, and it's more stuff about the trip to Hawaii. "How was your day?" She asks as I kiss her cheek. "Good. What about you?" I ask.

"Pretty good. Which resort looks better to you?" She asks and shows me pictures. "Doesn't matter, we're not going." I say and give her a serious look. "Jennifer, yes we are. I have to go, I don't have a choice." She says.

"Ok, that doesn't mean I have to go." I say. "But I want you to go. You really want me to be all alone in Hawaii with all those lil hula dancers running around me?" She asks. "That's not gonna work." I roll my eyes. "Dammit." She sighs.

"Like you'd even sleep with a hula dancer if you were single." I say. "Pleaseeee. I really don't wanna go alone. And it'd be fun to have some time just for the 2 of us. It's like a break, except I'll be working some." She shrugs. "My god. Ok I'll go. But I'm not staying for 2 weeks, that's too long." I shake my head 'no'.

"Well that's fine because the trip just got moved down to one week anyways." She shrugs and I roll my eyes. "Ok. I'll call my mom later and let her know so she can watch Emme." I say.

We head out and pick up Emme from school, then we go home. We tell Emme about Hawaii and she didn't really want us to go at first, but now she's excited since she's getting to stay with her Grandma.

-
*The next week*

Me and Leah started packing for Hawaii yesterday, and now that it's getting closer, I'm kind of excited.

We're leaving in 2 days, and I think it'll be nice to have some time to ourselves. The last time we were alone together was when we first started dating. But everything changes once you bring a kid in the picture, that's just how it works.

"Are we gonna go swimming?" I ask looking at the swimsuits in my closet, trying to choose a couple. "Duh- it's Hawaii." Leah says and I pick out 2 bathing suits.

I put them in my suitcase and zip it up, finally finished with packing. Luckily my mom lives pretty close so she'll be able to take Emme to school while we're gone. And my boss is literally an angel, he let me take the time off and he's still paying me-. You really don't see that often and I'm really thankful.

"Have you ever been to Hawaii?" Leah asks me. "I've never even been to Virginia-." I say. "Damn." She says. "Have you?" I ask and stand up off the closet floor.

"Mhm." She says. "Of course you have." I say. "But I'm sure this experience will be better since I get to see you in a bikini." She says. "You can see me in less than a bikini anytime-." I say and she smiles.

We get our room cleaned up because it's so fucking messy from all the packing. "Mmm, I really don't wanna leave Emme.." I sigh. "I know. Me either. But one day she isn't gonna be with you all the time." She says.

"Us." I correct her and she raises her brow. "One day she isn't gonna be with us all the time." I say and she smiles. "You're right." She nods.

I really do hope that me and Leah work out and live the rest of our life together. I'd love if Leah got to watch Emme grow up with me. They're already so close, Emme would be heartbroken if Leah left. I would to, but I know Leah would never.

We get ready for bed then we go to sleep.

-
*The next day*

We just dropped Emme off at my moms house, and we're heading back home. My mom wanted us to drop Emme off a day early to spend more time with her and Emme didn't care so we went ahead and got it over with.

Instead of going home we decided to stop and get something for lunch, then we went home and made sure we have everything together for the trip.

I've never even traveled across the ocean before, so I'm a little anxious. But I'm definitely more excited since it's been really cold in New York, and it'd be nice for a change of climate.

A/N

Sorry this chapter was a little short, buttt I didn't want them to go on the trip just yet, so I'm saving it for the next chapter. But thankyou soooo much for all the love on this story so far. Be sure to vote and comment! And once this book ends I have a lottttt more that I want to publish. So don't worry because I don't plan on stopping soon😭