ᗰY ᑎᗴᗯ ᒪIᖴᗴ

I am my own person
Of that I am most certain
I can take care of myself
But can he take care of himself
I am not here to be your slave
I will get the ending I deserve
For I am not here to serve
I shall stand up for myself even if I end up in a grave
For I am strong
And he must oblige to run along
For I am capable
And unattainable
For the selfish hands of a man

There is a really deep meaning to this of which I will explain. This about a female who is trapped with a man. This man is very toxic and made her feel weak. She had gotten married to him thinking he was kind and gentle but all went different the day after they said their vows.

She regrets it.

He expects her to clean and make food. He doesn't let her leave the house. He is always at work and she is alone. She prefers him not being there but she would rather be alone then be with him. At night she could not bare to sleep next to him. She doesn't feel comfortable being around him.

One day she decided to be strong. She decided to speak up.

Little story -

He got home from work.

"Woman where is the food? I am very hungry." He said before sitting down at the table angrily.

"It's ready but it might be co-"

"-Just give me the damn food."

He snatched the plate out of her hands. She wanted to explain to him that it might be cold. So she could heat it up but he didn't listen. Like always.

"Why the hell is the food cold? Huh?" He raised his voice. He pushed to plate away from him harshly.

"You can't even do the one thing that wives are meant to do. Your worthless." He spat.

The usually quiet wife had enough of him. "If you would've let me talk before you demanded the food, I could explained and heated up the food." She answered annoyed.

She took the plate and put it in the microwave.

"You need to watch your tone." He threatened.

"I was just saying the truth no need to get all defensive."

He got up from the seat. "Listen here smartass, I work all day and I don't need to listen to you talk about shit. OK?"

She started getting really pissed.

"No you listen here. I am tired of being the house wife ok. No i'm tired of being your wife. You lured me into your trap to be a slave."

"That is NOT TRUE. I have -"

"-let me speak!" She demanded.

He huffed.

"I can't go out without telling you and when I ask you, you ALWAYS SAY NO. I could help you by working but your jealous ass can't let me go out because you KNOW I could leave you for someone better."

With that last comment. He slapped her. She put her hand on her cheek and put pressure to try to relive some pain.

She glared at him with such an intensity that she had never seen the expression he had on his face.

"No im - I was- " He stuttered.

"I'm want a divorce. This is my life. You cannot control it. I. Will. Not. Let. You." She stated

She ran upstairs and slammed the door.

He wanted to run after her but he was downstairs pacing and running his hands through his hair, thinking about how he screwed up in so many ways.

She started packing and called an uber.

"I can go to my sisters house." She thought.

About five minutes later she was ready to leave. She didn't want anything he gave her. She left her ring in her former bathroom.

She walked down the stairs and started opening the door. But her husband ran in front of her before she could go outside in the damp grass.

It was raining. "That's just great." She thought.

"You cannot leave. You are my wife." He stated.

"I wish I wasn't from the beginning." She spat before ducking under his arm and seeing the uber drive up in their drive way.

The guy came out and helped her put her bags in the trunk.

"DID YOU CHEAT ON ME WITH THIS GUY?" He yelled. He tried to stop her from getting in the car.

"He. Is. The uber." She spat.

He let go of the car door and the uber driver got into the car.

"YOU CANT DO THIS." He yelled.

She got in the car. "Watch me." She said as she closes the door.

"Drive." She told the driver.

He obliged.

Soaked wet from the rain yet still happy she finally felt happy and free, ready to begin her new life!

"Where to?" The driver asked.

Thank you for reading my poem and little story let me know your thought about it!!