Chapter 8

He removed his hand and I let out a relieved breath. "Oh my God, Fury don't scare me like that." I said as I used my mind to turn the lights on. "I had no choice." He said as he held up his phone with a message. "I got followed, we're being watched and listened to." It said and so I nodded. "Well you could have rang the bell." I said and he took a step back. "I didn't want to wake you." He said and I chuckled. "Well you did anyway." I said and walked to the living room. "So what are you doing here in the middle of the night?" I said as I sat down on the couch snd took a sip of my water. "I needed a place to stay." He said and I raised an eyebrow. "Trouble in paradise?" I asked and he nodded with a sigh. "You can stay here-" I said but got cut off by Steve. "Honey who are you talking to?" He asked as he walked in rubbing his eyes. I looked at him and signaled him to be quiet. "To Fury. He needs a place to stay." I said and Nick and showed him the message. "Oh yeah sure, let's go out for breakfast tomorrow." He said and Nick and I nodded. I got up and got Nick a blanket. "See you in the morning." I said as I wanted to go back upstairs but I heard a sound and saw missiles coming our way in the corner of my eye. "Shit. GET DOWN NOW!" I yelled as I summoned my staff and put a shield over them. I didn't have enough time to shield myself so I got hit and thrown out of the house. "NINA!" I heard Steve yell before I went unconscious.

*A few hours later*
I woke up and tried to sit up. "ARGH!" I grunted as I dropped back down. "Hey hey hey take it slow honey." Steve said as he walked over to me and I looked confused at him. "Wait who are you?" I asked and he looked shocked at me with sadness in his eyes. "I-I'm Steve. I-I-I'm your husband." He stuttered and I looked down, feeling bad for not remembering. "What happened?" I asked softly as I looked back up at him and he weakly smiled. "You being a hero." He said as he sat down in a chair next to me. "You put a shield around me and Nick Fury as missiles came towards our house but forgot to shield yourself." He said softly. "Where am I?" I asked as I looked around me. "In the compound." He answered and I looked confused. "The Avengers compound." He said softly. "What is The Avengers?" I asked and he smiled weakly. "I'll explain later. You go get your rest." He said and I nodded as I laid down as comfortable as possible and closed my eyes and were asleep within seconds.

Steve's POV

I sighed as I got up and walked to the others. "How is she?" Tony asked and I shook my head. "She woke up but doesn't remember anything. She doesn't even remember me or what The Avengers are. I told her to go back to sleep." I said and dropped down on the couch and placed my head in my hands. "I can run some tests on her?" Bruce said unsure. "Whatever it takes to get her back." Tony said and I looked up. I nodded and Bruce walked off. "So what was Fury doing in your house?" Tony asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea." I said and sighed as I leaned back. "Where is he now?" I asked and Tony shrugged. "He was gone when I got out of the medbay." He said and I scoffed. "Of course." I said and got up. "I go sit with Nina." I said and walked to the medbay. Bruce was just putting a needle in Nina's arm when I walked in. "Hey where did you go?" She asked me and I smiled a little. "Giving an update to your dad." I said and she looked confused. "My dad?" She asked. "Who am I?" She asked again but this time panicked. "Hey hey take a deep breath. You're name is Nina Stark, your dad is Tony Stark also known as Iron Man." I said and her eyes widen. "Iron Man is my dad?" She asked and I thought a bit before answering. "Yeah, do you remember any other heroes?" I asked she nodded before naming everyone of the team and the ones who we lost and who helped us win against Thanos. I smiled and looked at Bruce. "That's amazing." I said and sat down next to her. "So you're a big superhero fan, huh?" I asked and she nodded. "Do you have a favorite?" I asked and her eyes started to light up as she nodded with a big smile. "Captain America for sure. The way he uses his shield, how he fights and how strong he is. It's just amazing." She said and looked me right in the eyes. "He's also kind of hot." She whispered and Bruce and I tried not to laugh. "What about the other heroes?" I asked and she smiled. "They're all amazing. I wish I could be like them." she said softly and played with her fingers. "Hmmm I'll see if I can get in contact with some of them and see if they would like to train you, okay?" I said and she looked at me in shock. "You can ask that?" She asked and I smiled at her. "I have my connections." I said and got up. "I'll be right back, just stay calm okay? Bruce here will take good care of you." I said and she nodded before I walked away. I shook my head in amusement as I walked into the living room. "What are you smiling about?" Tony asked and I told him what happened. "I just couldn't tell her that she married her favorite superhero." I said and Tony laughed. "So she does remember us... just not our human parts." He said and I nodded as everybody else walked in. "Hey Steve what are you doing here?" Wanda asked. "Uh sit down please all of you." Tony said and everybody sat down in confusion. We told them everything that happened and her condition. "How about we all meet her in our suits?" Peter said and I smiled. "That might be an idea." Tony said and everybody nodded in agreement. "Suit up." I said and everybody walked out to put their suit on. "This is gonna be fun." Tony said and I quickly walked back to the medbay. "Bruce." I whispered he looked up and I motioned him to quietly come over. "I'll be right back. Okay?" He said to Nina and she nodded as she looked outside. "What's up?" He asked as he closed the door and I told him the plan. "Okay I'll let her know she has visitors and I'll stay with her." He said and I nodded as I walked away. I put on my suit and we all met up at medbay. "Okay let's go." Tony said and we walked in. Nina looked our way and her eyes widen and she gasped. "What? How?" She said as excitement came onto her face. "So you're Nina right?" Tony asked and she nodded. "At least that's what I was told I can't remember anything except for you guys." She said and we all smiled at her. "Nice to meet you." I said and she looked at me. She quickly looked away as she turned red. "Y-Y-Yeah you too." She stuttered and I had to fight my urge to kiss her. "Any idea what happened that you ended up here?" Peter asked and she nodded a little. "I can't remember but Steve who is apparently my husband told me." She said and we all nodded. "Well we have a mission coming up so we gotta go now. Get well soon and when you're better we'll plan a training day okay?" Tony asked and she gasped. "Really?" She asked and we all laughed. "Yes really." Tony said. "Oh my god. Yes. I'd love that." She said and we all nodded at her. "Bye Nina." We all said and she smiled widely. "Bye." She squeaked out of excitement. We all walked out and walked to the living room. "Okay that was kind of adorable how she was fangirling." Bucky said and we all nodded in agreement. "Okay I'm getting changed and get back to my wife." I said and walked out. I got changed and walked back to the medbay.