Twenty-Two (Ventidue)

The knock on my door sent my blood boiling "Stop rushing me I'm almost done" I angrily yanked the door open fulling expecting it to be my nagging brother but it wasn't. My eyes greedily ran over his body, he was dressed in a charcoal gray suit, the arms of it tight around his biceps ending at sliver cuff links, he wore a navy blue tie ,brown leather dress shoes and a sliver Cartier watch.

"If you're done gawking at me, I have something for you" he chuckled, bringing me back to reality.

Sure enough he held a medium size white and gold box engraved with the words "La Perla" I knew that brand to well

"Wear this when you're getting dressed" he said. I opened the box in his hand to reveal a set of lingerie, black flowers adorned the middle of the top and underneath parts just big enough to block my nipples and front of my sex, the rest of it transparent. It was stunning and just my style.

"Why did you get me this? La Perla is expensive August" I scolded him

"Just think of it as compensation for stealing the red one" he wink at me, I scoffed and grabbed the box out of his hand and slammed the door in his face.

I held up the lacy fabric admiring it before slipping it on it was a perfect fit.

I decided to match August's suit and threw on a white turtle neck with matching black chequered jacket and straight skirt with some thigh high gray boots. I did my makeup a with a little more detail and tied my hair into a high ponytail. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time and smiled before leaving the room.

_______________

The house was busy, one by one heavily tinted black SUVs pulled up in front of the estate dropping off members of the inner circle of our organization.

At exactly 9pm we gathered in the dining room Jaxon sat at the head of the table, my father on the opposite side, next to Jaxon Iliana was seated, well I guess I shouldn't be to surprised he asked her to come she was like my sister.

As the under-boss, I took the seat on the other side to her closest to Jaxon.

The rest of the table was filled up by my brothers 4 capos August included, managers of different sections of the mafia like weapons smuggling ,drugs etc and overseers of the legal things like clubs. There was one person though I wasn't expecting to see, Maeve she took the seat on the left of my father, she is family so I guess it was natural for her to be here as well. When everyone was seated Jaxon cleared his throat and the room became ghostly quiet and it was only then I remembered in the eyes of these people the man I saw as my empty- headed older brother, they saw as one of the world's most lethal men.

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I called this meeting" he began. He held up the embroidered patch I brought back with me from Spain "This is why, do you all know this company? No? Well I'll tell you, PPC is short for Palencia Printing Company, it's a small business located in Spain, seems harmless right? Wrong. This company was purchased by Enzo Di Genova better known now as Enzo Antonio, my uncle and it would seem he's making a move against my family using this company as a front for his businesses"

The room was still, no one dared to even breathe loudly all eyes glued to Don Di Genova

"and I would not let an attack against my family go unanswered, this is my declaration of war against Enzo Antonio, in 3 weeks time we would be infiltrating his estates I want them burned just like he did to our warehouse, none of you or your men are allowed to kill him, that job is reserved for either my sister or I. Understood?"

"Yes Don" they all said in trepidation.

"If I suspect any secrets being leaked or anyone putting anything in place to ruin this plan I will not hesitate to put a bullet between you and your families eyes. Thank you for coming, you are all dismissed"

One by one they filed out of the room leaving my father, Maeve, Jaxon, August, Iliana and myself.

Jaxon slumped down into his chair and sighed.

"I'm starving, is the food ready?" He said cheerfully as if he wasn't the most feared man in the room a few seconds ago I couldn't help but laugh.

"Anyways, on to the important matters" I interrupted while the maids placed our dinners in front of us

"I do not want to believe you all forgetting my best friend is turning 23 in 2 days, I'm suggesting we have an event" I looked at her with a big smile on my face

"No, that isn't necessary Vera" Iliana declined

"Nonsense!" My father barked out "We're having a party Iliana, I'll make sure of it"

"You heard the man" I winked at her.

She shook her head "You two are insufferable"

I think we all shared a laugh at that truth.

                                                                                _______________

"I got sinning on my mind"

:?