01 ; Horrible Taste

[disclaimer: i don't own the originals. but i do own a poster of daniel sharman.]

one.

Alexandria walks into the vinyl shop, she walks up to counter waiting for

Joe hands Alexandria a record, "here you go, Alex. Now, sometime you're gonna have to give me the lowdown on why you're so hooked on ancient Icelandic folk music!"

The witch laughs, "it's for someone else."

"I sure hope so!" He calls after her.

Alexandria walks out of the shop, she runs into a young man. He smiles down at her and she awkwardly returns one. Oliver walks by Alex and smiles, "hey there cutie."

"Don't call me that," Alex says unimpressed.

Oliver ignores her and picks up the record in her hand, "so, I heard that you ditched your coven. That's too bad. That other Harvest girl, Cassie? She has been super helpful to all us wolves."

"She's making you moonlight rings, Oliver. I wouldn't call that helpful, I'd call that an alliance."

"Well, you can call it whatever you want. As long as we don't have to turn on the full moon anymore, it works for me." Oliver leans closer to Alexandria and whispers, "look, I'd take off if I were you. Things are about to get a little ugly in here." The werewolf turns around and shouts, "y'all, store's closed. Get out, now!"

"Hey, what are you doing?" Joe asks.

"It's Joe Dalton, right? You see, I've been studying up on this store. It's been a staple of the Quarter for ninety years... it was run by you, your daddy, and then his daddy before him?"

"That's right," Joe says while clenching his jaw.

"Yeah, you see, the thing is, Joe, there just ain't many photos of anyone in your family..." he pulled a black and white photo of a young man. "But... you."

Alex's eyes widen as she had realized that Joe's identity as a vampire had been compromised.

"Oliver, no!"

Joe used his vampire speed to run over to the door but is blocked by two werewolves.

The werewolves wrestle with Joe and extend their fangs to bite him, but Alex quickly hits them all with a pain infliction spell. The werewolves grab their heads in pain and fall on their knees, giving Joe the chance to get out of their grip before he can be bitten.

::

Mikael is pacing around the church's attic, listening to the Icelandic folk music Davina got for him, when he suddenly hears a noise and throws the indestructible white oak stake toward the door, where it embeds itself in the wall. Alex and Davina stand in the doorway and roll their eyes.

Alex sighed, "I don't know why you keep showing off. You know you can't hurt us."

"Oh, but the desire I have to do so," Mikael tells the twins.

Davina holds her wrist out for Mikael to feed on. Alex's sister looks at Alex as if to ask if she should do that. The other witch sighs and nods.

"I am Mikael, the vampire who hunts vampires. Your young-thing blood does little to sustain me," Mikael tells the Harvest Girl

"Feed."

Mikael's eye veins involuntarily pop out, and he reluctantly bites down on her wrist and feeds for a moment.

"Stop," Alex says annoyed.

Mikael pulls away, clearly annoyed, and wipes the blood from his mouth with his hand. He spots the bracelet around Davina and Alex's wrist and touches it.

"Oh, I wish I could rip this from you, break that which binds me to you and complete the task for which you resurrected me- kill the bastard who calls himself my son," MIkael says.

"You can't take off the bracelet, and you can't kill Klaus. Not until I figure out how to save my friends from dying, too."

Davina kneels next to a large trunk on the floor and opens it before pulling out Esther's grimoire.

"We've studied their mother's spell book for weeks. We're getting close. Once we unlink our friends from Klaus' sire line, I will unleash you to be the monster that you are so eager to be."

Mikael smirks at the two witches in fornt of him, "music to my ears, my little witches."

::

Davina and Alex walked over to the record shop, only to find that it has closed due to Joe's death. Alex looked sad as she read the sign. Behind her, the young man she saw at the store the previous day walks up behind her.

"Aw, this sucks," Alex and Davina turn around and are met with a handsome young man. "No trades today. I mean, it's worse for you, of course-- guy had the market cornered on the ancient Icelandic folk scene."

Alex laughed at the boy in front of her, "those weren't for me!"

He held out his hand for her to shake, "I'm Kaleb."

Alexandria shakes his hand, "I'm Alexandria, but call me Alex."

"Wow. Cool name! Terrible taste in music. You obviously need me," he says.

Kaleb smiles at her charmingly, Alexandria looking slightly awkward returns a small smile.

Davina stands next to her sister, suspicious about this boy's intention with her sister. Davina scoffs at the charming dirty blonde that was staring at her sister.

::

"Did she buy it?" Cassie asks Vincent a.k.a Finn.

"Entirely. The humans are weak. [He holds his hand over a candle's flame] Their bodies are so strange. I'd forgotten what it feels like to be this vulnerable.

"At least you're not stuck in the body of a teenager," Esther/Cassie says.

Kaleb entered the room, "well, I love my body, Mother. I'm pretty sure Alexandria Claire does, too!"

Kaleb sits down with his family at the table.

"Don't be puerile. We have work to do. Your brothers did me a favor by killing Francesca. Now, I will control the witches and the werewolves. With the vampires in exile, we can begin to take root in our new home. Finn, Kol, let's get to work! We have a family reunion to plan."

Esther looks over at her sons, Finn and Kol, she smiles. Her loyal sons return a smile and they began to plan what they were going to do about Alexandria and Davina.

Dedicated to Kelsey because we always bond over our love of Daniel Sharman and how perfect Nina Dobrev is. Also, Run For Your Life is my favorite book ever, Madison and Isaac give me chest pains.

[not edited]