EIGHT

LUCIFER hummed in false acknowledgment of Salazar's worries. He was tinkering around with a large white mug, the words 'father of the year' etched in an obnoxious font but never really taking sips of the red liquid inside. The hymn of a choir singing filled the background of the church they were in but occasionally broke off when they paused between songs. 

"Do we really have to be in a church?" Lucifer whined kicking his legs out obnoxiously. 

An elderly lady spun in her pew to glare at him. Salazar snickered and gave a half shrug in response, "So we both suffer."

His father groaned into his cup finally taking a sip out of it no matter how many dirty looks he received. The blood in the cup was probably from a virgin, Salazar envisioned, their blood was always more appetizing and especially good for blood magic. 

"I don't see the issue," Lucifer spoke up placing the mug down beside him. "Witch premonitions have a small percentage of not happening."

Salazar grunted in annoyance, "I just told you that I've never had a false premonition. You created witches shouldn't you know this," He leaned back and banged his head, "I share DNA with an idiot."

His lips tremored in false sadness, "That was mean my darling son. I'm so proud of you."

Salazar pulled his brows together in thought, choosing to ignore his childlike father in order to think back on the creature he'd seen in his dreams. Obviously, it was confusing, Salazar has never sired a being like his father the only being he had ever been close to was Cerberus and the dog had been dead for a very long time. 

The few lights surrounding them flickered sporadically in an odd pattern. The choir had stopped singing and instead passed along quiet whispers to each other. Just like no one seemed to notice the blood in Lucifer's cup no one seemed to see the flickering lights. Salazar rolled his tongue along his teeth and played with the folded piece of paper in his left hand, it was a rushed sketch of the creature he'd shown his father earlier into their conversation. 

"This is getting me nowhere," Salazar pinched his index and thumb together effectively causing the 'father of the year' cup to vanish. "Do me a favour and go back to whining over Eve."

His father corrected, "Lilith."

"Why would I care?" 

His father's obnoxious cackle echoed as he disappeared from his spot, the sound continued for a minute or so before it faded away completely. If people thought that Salazar was dramatic they'd be surprised to know that Lucifer was much worse. 

WILL breathed out deeply, hand raised towards the red mahogany door of the house in front of him. It had been two solid minutes but he refused to fully allow the contact between his knuckles and the door. Faintly he could hear the hums of 'I just called to say I love you' by Stevie Wonder and a voice singing along in perfect harmony. 

Mustering up all the courage he could he knocked once, then twice, and then followed up with a hesitant third all bravery gone before he could knock a fourth time. Luckily three knocks were enough for the person on the other side because as fast as the third knock fell the door swung open. 

Will squeaked out, "Hi."

Salazar Spellman stood in all his glory, a mop of wildly curly hair in a mess and a faint scab across the bridge of his nose. It was a cut that Will remembering bleeding like crazy when he first showed up in their small home and without the thick trails of blood, it was easier to look at the older teen. 

Salazar tilted his head, "Hey Will, your mum send you?"

When he didn't get a proper response Salazar frowned in thought. For a second, Will thought that he was going to get angry at him but Salazar simply moved to the side and gestured him in, "You can come in kid, it's cold."

The October chill breezed by both of them and when Will didn't move in fast enough Salazar gave an encouraging gesture that got him finally stepping inside. At his entrance, Salazar shut the door and moved towards the kitchen. Something prickled at the back of Will's neck and when he lifted his gaze to watch Salazar's retreating back that same chill fell over and along his spine. 

The house shifted and grew dark, once filled with colour was now monochromatic. It was so cold that if he breathed out he could watch his breath leave his mouth and spill into the air around him. 

"...juice? Hey Will?" Salazar spoke up, "You want any juice or something?"

Will saw something like this in one of those books Dustin always carried around, a minotaur. Blood red skin and its frame standing an abnormal height, it might have been shorter if it weren't for the large red horns sticking out and up curving to a sharp point. 

When he managed to blink, the image was gone and a waiting Salazar stood with two types of jugs balanced perfectly in his hands. He dropped his mouth open to say something but it was the look that covered Salazar's face that had him stop. 

Oh, Oh God why did he look like he knew? It wasn't just anything that he could have known but known that Will had seen something odd every time he looked at him, that same sick feeling he got whenever he was in the upside down and looking up to the eyeless Mind Flayer. 

"Will," He started but the kid was quick to cut him off.

"You feel the same as that place, you know right?" He spoke up and subconsciously reached a hand to the back of his neck, "He knows you do." Will swallowed thickly, on the brink of something like a panic attack, "Help me, please, I don't know what else to do, just―please help me."

It turned out his premonition was very much happening. Salazar set the jugs down and tugged at his hair in irritation, whispering to himself, "God you bastard." He took a breath and then thought about pretending to die, "Fine." Satan help him, "Give me a second kid, wasn't prepared to get my mother teresa pants on today." 

He pulled forward a bunch of cookbooks and ignored the odd look Will gave him. They obviously weren't actually cookbooks but the pubescent teen wouldn't know that with the spell he used to hide everything in his house, "You better tell me everything." 

When he looked hesitant Salazar gave an unpleasant grin, "And I do mean everything."