t-6 Days; Part 2

"I wonder what she'll teach us." Daphne was saying, nervously tugging on her hair. Hermione had never seen her nervous, and it did not look good on her.

"Still I'm sure I already know." Pansy sneered arrogantly, "It's all weaponry. I've been practicing for this since it began!"

Hermione bit her lip to keep from saying a rude comment, but someone else beat her to it. Hooch arrived to see Pansy with Elizabeth Archibald off the ground, a fist ready to strike.

"Parkinson!" Hooch's shrill voice was like a slap to the face. The black haired-girl dropped Elizabeth, who stuck her tongue out at the older girl, which luckily Pansy did not see, "You will be killed first thing in the games if you behave like that!"

"No one can kill me, I'll kill them first." Pansy shrugged off the threat.

"I wouldn't worry about the opponents, I'd worry about the game makers." Hooch said, and then pointed in the corner, "Today, we will begin basic training with a bow, a sword, daggers, and bare hands. You will work at the simplest exercises and master all four of them. I must give you the green to head to the next station. If you finish early, you may go back to your rooms until the next class. If you are still trying to achieve these easy instructions after two hours and fifty minuets, then your dinner time will be used for private lessons with me." She said, "Get into groups of six- I could care less but each gather at a station, so it's at least a little manageable."

Hannah grabbed Ernie and Hermione's hands at once, and Hermione grabbed Elizabeth because she already liked the little teenager. Ernie called over Collin to add another boy, and Hermione wasn't sure who their last person would be, but they went to the archery first. Hermione was picking up the bow hesitantly when she heard the last person speak.

"I guess I'm with you five."

Ugg, Draco.

Hermione spun around, "What? Not budding up with your Slytherin pals?" She asked in a harsher tone than she intended.

"No." He said simply, "Was that not obvious?"

The topic was dropped, and Hermione looked at the instructions. Hooch would be by soon to instruct them on the finer points, but they were free to give it a go until she appeared. She was currently showing Tracy Davis the correct way to swing a sword at the station next to them. It seemed as though she'd be there awhile.

"I've shot a bow before," Collin said, lifting one in his hand and testing the weight, "It's none too difficult. All we have to do is hit the target at least six times, not in a row, but one has to be a bulls eye. Easy."

"Easy for you!" Hannah rolled her eyes, "Show us, oh great Master?" Collin picked up a bow, and strung the arrow. He breathed deeply, and aimed for one of the six targets at the end of the little area, and steadied himself. The arrow was let go with a twang and had nearly hit the bulls eye. Hannah muttered sourly. Hermione was not hesitant to pick up the bow, but shooting it was a whole other story.

Wand fights were so...easy. All you had to do was aim and be a decently good spell caster. It was vastly different to hold something so bulky in your hands, and then be expected to string something, pull back, aim, and shoot with deadly accuracy.

He first try was an epic fail of large proportions. She didn't even make it to the target, but only a little half way there. Okay, she needed to pull back farther. Beside her, Hannah was swearing up a storm as she attempted miserably to even get the arrow on the string. When she did, she couldn't hold it up, and she hissed sourly. Collin was letting them fly with ease, and Hermione knew that he would be done soon. He was giving Hannah side comments as he saw her struggle, but they were more exasperated than anything.