Eligibility Criteria

In order to be eligible to enter and win the Wattpad India Awards 2021, you and your story/stories must abide by all of the eligibility criteria below:

AGE: You must be 13 years or older to participate. Winners under 18 years of age must have parental permission in order to collect their prizes.

COMPLETION: Your story must be complete and marked 'Completed' in order to be eligible. (Exception: Poetry)

CATEGORIES: Your story needs to be in one of the following categories - Matters of Heart, That Secret Quest, Don't Scare Us, Poetry, or Short Story. Details of all the categories are given in the 'Award Categories' chapter. 

WORD COUNT: Depending on the category you submit your entry in, it should fulfill the following word count requirements →

- Poetry: minimum 500 words (for the entire poetry book)

- Short Story: 5,000 to 10,000 words

- All other categories: minimum 10,000 words

[NOTE: For your story to be eligible for the SuperWinners prize, it needs to have a minimum of 50,000 words. Details about the SuperWinners prize can be found in the 'Award Categories' chapter.]

STORY LANGUAGE: Your story should be written in English or Hindi/Hinglish only.

TERRITORY: You must be a citizen of India in order to participate.

DATE POSTED: Story posted in any year is eligible as far as it fulfills all the other eligibility criteria.

SUBMISSION: You must submit your entry via the submission form in order to participate. You are welcome to submit more than one eligible story but make sure you submit a separate form for each one. The link to the submission form will be shared in this book on 1st October 2021.

For more information, check our Official rules here