The Best Night of My Life

World Setting: Mediaeval
Au: Kingdoms
Prompt: Socks is a prince, Laff is an assassin and Socks is his target
Category: Fluff? It gets bittersweet at the end
Warning(?): Suicide (Mentioned)
Work Quality: I proofread this only one
~~~~~~~~~~

"I want him gone, dead with no chances of ever waking up again."

He looked up and locked onto the blue, deep ocean eyes of his client. He looked back to his desk and picked up the paperworks, skimming through it for the third time that evening, only picking up on the important words.

'Prince of the kingdom of Averguar' 'Mischievous adventurer' 'Closed relations to the kingdom of Bulaands' 'Socks F. One'

'Past partner of Fat M. God, prince of the kingdom of Bulaands'

He placed the paperwork down and stood up. He looked back to his client and cocked an eyebrow at him, although he couldn't see it.

"Over a breakup? Are you sure? He seems like a lovely fellow." He moved around the desk and got closer to the bitter prince. "What would happen if your parents found out? Or worse, his parents."

"Socks have ranted about feeling suicidal to me before," He answered, walking up to the assassin. "He told me he felt like his parents didn't care that much."
"And what about his brother?" He quizzed, leaning closer to him. "How would he feel?"

"There's a reason I brought up him feeling suicidal before, Gas," He shot back. They both looked into each other's eyes, challenging the other to back down first.
The prince won and he sighed out, "Do you have a plan?"

He looked up to find the prince smiling at him. "Of course I do," He answered with poison laced onto the words.

When he looked back into the mirror, he didn't recognise himself.

He simply decided to straightened his usually curly, fluffy hair instead of dying it blond and going the extra step. He picked up brown eye contact and had done makeup on his face to cover up his scars and burnt marks from the past.
Just like that, he was a new man.

He got some fancy clothes from Meme for this mission.
The clothes were a puffy, white collared shirt, a brown, light yellow striped vest, a darker brown trench coat, black jeans, dark grey boots, black gloves, a black tie and a brown tophat with goggles strapped on it.

Meme thought he was being nice for letting him keep the clothes, but he knew well that he had to burn it. If they somehow trace the soon to be death of Socks to him, those clothes would be incriminating.

He looked down and picked up the thin glasses, he placed it on his face and looked back at his reflection.

New man, new death.

Sometimes, he wished he never met TBVG. He was a great friend and all don't get him wrong, but he was the one that introduced him into the crime world.
Sometimes, he wished he didn't need the money so bad.

He walked out of the room and double checked if he had the ticket to the ball on him provided to him by Meme.

The plan was simple, go to the ball, try to get close enough to Socks then isolate him and finally, kill him.
Meme never mentioned how, he just requested to make it look like a suicide. So if he wanted to, he could've simply pushed him off a balcony.

It also should be easy for him to get close to Socks, as his parents set the ball to look for potential love interests for both of their sons.
It was odd, and it made no sense to him. But whatever suits their boats.