Curled up, like a flower

He approached the hollow she had disappeared over. The snarling—horrible, horrible snarling—was gone.

Left behind was a terrible silence.

There were shallow scrapes that the lumbering giant had left behind in it's wake, followed by much smaller scuffles.

She fought back.

Finally, he spotted a heap of something against the dark grass. A strangled sob escaped his throat as he approached, and he fell to the ground. It was her.

She was curled up on her side, drawn into herself, like a flower, eyes closed; almost as though she were only sleeping. But an ugly wound protruded right at the base of her neck—in the spot where his lips had brushed against her skin, so soft, so warm—and he knew she was dead.

He felt as though a million talons had wretched into his heart and was slowly but steadily pulling him apart to pieces. She would never look at him with that familiar warmth ever again. They had taken something, robbed her of her life.

Every breath felt like a blade, like a betrayal. He was alive. And she wasn't.

In the growing darkness, he gripped her hand in his. A bit of warmth still lingered. Her warmth. He didn't let go.

Author's Note:
The giant i had pictured for this was Eren from Attack on titans but anyways this specific short takes place in Germany and the characters are of Asian descent :) Thanks for reading!