Till forever falls apart

"Au!" "Auro!" "Rora!" "AURORA!"

Faint voices were heard in the mind of a 17 year old girl. She recognized them on one hand, on the other they sounded like total strangers. Like people who were walking by in the distance and just so happened to know the girl's name. It bothered her. She had a brilliant mind, as others would say, remembering everyones voices (and even catchphrases) sound by sound, word for word.

She stubbled over her own feet while grabbing the first thing she saw mumbling a 'sorry' to the random guy who she had used as support until she could properly stand up again. Aurora saw Mitch and Emily Patterson, the woman crying into her husbands chest as the man was holding onto her so tight, burying all his grief until he was alone. She felt sorry for them, but didn't understand why yet. She walked up to them with concern in her baby blue eyes. It took the couple a while before they saw the young girl approach them, engulfing her in a hug almost immediately.

"Oh Aurora, poor girl." Mrs Patterson said, her tears starting to dry up. Mr Patterson just rubbed her shoulder. "How are you holding up dear?" Confused as she was, she answered "uhm. I'm fine? Thanks?" In which they looked at her with even more concern and pity in return. "Why? What's going on?" Aurora asked silently. Mitch was about to answer, when another voice cut through the conversation.

"Family of ..... Luke Patterson?" The parents looked at the young girl for a second before following the doctor. She could hear whispers all around her, people staring her down from every angle of the hospitalroom. She looked around her to see if there were more people she knew. Alex maybe? or Reggie? Their parents? But she didn't see anyone who even remotely looked like her mother or father. She was deep into her own mind when a scream full of agony was heard. Emily Patterson had just confirmed her 17 year old boy had died. But Aurora didn't know that until a few seconds later as she saw a nurse appear into her vision.

"Family of Alex Mercer?" She looked around once again. It couldn't be. There must be another Alex Mercer somewhere, the persons family waiting on good or bad news about their son or daughter. "Aurora...." she heard a familiar broken voice behind her which gave her the push to walk along the nurse to a white bed. "Okay, so i'm going to lift the white sheet and you need to tell me if you know him. Can you do that?" The Mercer girl nodded. The sheet lifted and the face of her twinbrother appeared. He looked like a ghost. His eyes closed and his face almost as white as the sheet he was laying under. Now understanding why Emily had screamed as hard and painful as she did, she was standing there like a statue, nodding as a sign of recognition. This was her brother.

"Can you get the other boys family? Reginald Peters i believe?" The nurse asked her colleague as he walked by. "N-no no, h-his family isn't here. I- i checked when the Pattersons walked away." The young girl stuttered. "He - he is ... was .. my bestfriend. I'll confirm if it's him or not." The nurse looked at her with uncertainty in her dark gaze. "Are you sure honey?" The Mercer nodded. "Okay." The second sheet was lifted as she looked down on the blackhaired boy. The boy who always smiled even though he had enough reason to be in the worst mood considering his home situation. The Peters were always at eachothers throats about anything and everything, the boy often knocking on one of his friends doors to ask if he could spent the night.

"It's him." She confirmed. Aurora looked at the the third bed. 'That must be Luke.' Her mind was all over the place. The nurse, who's name was Mayra according to her name tag, rubbed her shoulder. Aurora looked up at her, one question on her mind. "Uhm... Mayra?" The nurse smiled warmly. "Did... did you contact their parents as well?" She had no idea how she even at the hospital at that exact moment, she just was. "Yes, we did. The police went to their house and told the parents what happened. The Pattersons, as you can see, showed up. His family however ... didn't even open the door." She pointed at Reggie. "And his parents ... or your parents i guess, told us they only had a daughter, not a son. I assume you're the daughter then?" Aurora nodded, she was fuming. Ever since Alex came out to his parents, they acted like he was sick or never even existed. It was no secret that the Mercer family was living quite the rich lifestyle. And ofcourse, having a gay son would ruin the reputation of Robert and Gina Mercer. That's what her parents said that night that is. Aurora thought it was absolute and utter bullshit, supporting her brother through and through.

ᴛɪʟʟ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ { ᴊᴀᴛᴘ }जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें