prologue // never let you go

TW/CW: MENTIONS OF PARX SPLIT, CHARACTER DEATH, MIND CONTROL //

Travis looked over at Awsten, now in his 40's, from his place on the couch. Waterparks had been broken up for 15 years - Geoff, unfortunately, is the one who caused the breakup.
    "I want McDonald's," Travis said, eagerly.

"What? Why now? It's literally 9 o'clock at night. We're recording the new podcast. What the fuck?" The brown-haired boy replied.

"I dunno, man, I just want McDonald's." "You're a fucking idiot."

The two men got out of their seats and headed for the door. These motherfuckers walked like the two idiotic bitch boys they were.

On their way they went, down the dark and gloomy streets. Suddenly, Travis turned and saw a paper advertisement for the new Travis Scott burger. 

"Awwwstennnnnnn," He began.

"Haven't you heard the rumors, dipshit? You're gonna turn into Travis Scott!" the brown-haired boy shot back, jokingly.

"I don't care!!! I want the Travis Scott burger. Besides, the rumors aren't true anyway." Travis ran ahead of Awsten, who was in quick pursuit. Awsten caught up to Travis. "Fine, but if you turn into Travis Scott, don't come crying to me." Travis began jumping for joy. "TRAVIS SCOTT! TRAVIS SCOTT! TRAVIS SCOTT! TRAVIS SCOTT!"

They hurried along and finally made it to McDonald's. They walked over to the drive-thru speaker box.

"Hi, what can I get for you today?"

Awsten sighed. "One Travis Scott burger, please. A ten-piece McNugget, two large fries, a large diet coke, and a large lemonade."

"I'm sorry, but we're all out of our McNuggets right now. Can I interest you in anything else?"
    Awsten began to beat up the speaker box as soon as he heard those words.

CLANG, CLANG, CLANG, SMASH, SMASH, SMASH!

He was not having this. He already gave into Travis's bullshit demands, he was NOT going to listen to some teenage douchebag working at McDonald's about how they were out of his favorite food of all time, chicken McNuggets. Awsten had to have his chicken McNuggets. There was no way he could go without them. It was impossible. "I NEED MY FUCKING CHICKEN MCNUGGETS! GIVE ME MY FUCKING MCNUGGETS!!!!"

Travis watched in awe from the side. "Aw-Awsten-"

"WHAT?"

"Maybe you can order something else?"

This idea was absurd. It was insane! There was no way Awsten could order something else. He needed his chicken McNuggets, and he would do anything to get them. Anything.

Awsten stormed into the Mcdonald's, Travis in pursuit, just to go get some chicken McNuggets.

"Hi, could I have some chicken McNuggets?"

"Yes sir, we have some ready for you now."

"You better. I want my fucking nuggets."

    Awsten and Travis pay for their food and start heading back to Travis's place. Out of nowhere, a witch appears.

"Howdy guys," The witch begins. Awsten screams. "I'm gonna cast a spoooooky spell on you, Awsten."

"HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?" Awsten shrieks in fright, his voice as high-pitched as a little girl who witnessed a murder.
    "You literally have the fattest ass in Texas! How could I not know you!" The witch yelled at the boy, trying to boost his ego. Oh wait, it's already fucking huge. "Yes, yes, I know, but that's besides the point. You said you'd cast a spell on me?" Awsten glanced at his phone, debating whether or not to ask the witch to turn him into his fursona. "Er, yes. Why?" The witch replied, curious. "Well..." Awsten looked nervous. "Could you turn me into my fox fursona? I just wish I had fox ears and a tail." Awsten asked, shyly. "Well, I am a witch. So hypothetically I could." "Hypothetically my ass. Turn me into my fucking fursona bitch... HOLD ON... You look familiar. Otto? OTTO THE HOTTO THOTTO? Is THIS what you've been up to since the band broke up?" Awsten stares down the witch, who is dressed head to toe in Waterparks merch. "Pre order Greatest Hits, fucker." "Y-, You don't remember? Geoff pressed the big red button. That's why we broke up." "GEOFF BETRAYED ME AND YOU, AWSTEN. THAT'S WHY I AM A WITCH. SO WE CAN GO BACK AND STOP HIM. WE NEED TO RELEASE GREATEST HITS. NOT JUST FOR US, BUT FOR EVERYBODY. WE NEED TO REVIVE OUR BAND ONCE AND FOR ALL. ALSO BECAUSE I STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED BASS IN WATERPARKS FOR MORE THAN A DAY, BUT THAT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT VERY IMPORTANT." Otto looks at Travis. That bitch tried stealing his well deserved spot as the bass player in Waterparks. "YOU'RE THE GUY THAT TRIED STEALING MY SPOT AS BASS PLAYER IN WATERPARKS!"

Otto, in a fit of anger, used his epic magic to whoosh away. But something felt... off. First of all; There was an old, worn out looking billboard that said "Pre-order Greatest Hits!" with an unfamiliar picture of Otto, Geoff, and Awsten with his hair in primary colors, just how the friends had planned. Second of all, Awsten had fox ears and a fox tail. "OMG! THANK YOU BESTIE!" He yelled. But there was something else, and they couldn't tell what. They knew it had something to do with their McDonald's order... It was just a gut feeling. A femur feeling, if you will. Something deep inside the femur bone, a tingling sensation, that something was wrong. But what could it be?

Awsten and Travis head home, a bit jostled by the experience, maybe a little traumatized, but other than that, they were fine. Travis went to take a bite of his burger. It was disgusting...

"What the hell? Why does everyone say this is so go-" Suddenly, he started screaming in agony. He began to transform... into... something. Someone. Someone who definitely wasn't him.  Awsten turns around to see the pasty white boy he used to know as Travis Riddle turn into- Travis Scott?! So the rumors were true... Or was this Otto's doing?

"Tr-Travis-" Awsten began, but was immediately cut off.

"TRAVIS SCOTT, THAT'S ME!!!" Travis yelled at him.
    "Travis what the fuck is happening?"

Through clenched teeth, Travis began, "I- I don't k-know, Awsten," Travis felt like he couldn't breathe. Something, no, SOMEONE, was preventing him from moving and controlling his own body. Was it... Travis Scott? He started walking towards Awsten against his will. "A-Awsten, help, I think it's, he's, he's gonna make me hurt you," Travis stuttered, half-sobbing. "He's making me mo-move, I can't help it, I'm s-s-sorry, Awsten," Travis was closing in. "Travis! Please, don't do this, you're- you're stronger than this, I know it, please," Awsten begged. "I'm sorry, Awsten."

"I love you."

Travis sits and holds Awsten's dead body, his tears now pouring down his face.

"I love you too."