38 I love you

"IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR ME just tell them I'm not back yet, thanks." I wave at Carly tirelessly and she exits my office.

I groan at the sight of my suitcase next to the door. I'm finally back yet I feel like I have nowhere to go. I'm not ready to face Sebastian yet and I'm sure he'll find out when I go back to the apartment.

Could I sneak into my apartment without Sebastian knowing? Or should I just book a room in a hotel instead? This is exactly why you don't fall for your best friend!

I'm exhausted. I just want to go home. I want to have a bubble bath. I want to sleep in my own bed. I want Sebastian.

There is a crash from the outer office, followed by Carly's frantic shout, "Mr Lowe she's not here!"

"Oh shit," I mutter under my breath. My first instinct is to crawl under my desk and in two seconds I'm on my hands and knees. Carly screams again, "Incoming!"

Sebastian bursts through the doors and I see Carly's feet hot on his heels.

"See! She's not here sir so please leave now." Poor Carly, her voice sounds shaky.

Sebastian grunts and closes the door behind him leaving Carly outside. I admire his signature black converses on his feet as he crosses the room and stops right in front of me.

"Come on Bella, I see you." he sighs.

I freeze in place. My whole brain goes blank and I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

A gasp escapes my mouth when Sebastian squats down and our eyes meet. He heaves with a pained expression as if the air has been knocked out of him.

His gaze lingers on the circles under my eyes, "You look tired."

"You too." My chest aches at the sight of him, I look down focusing on the floor.

"Come home with me," he whispers.

"I can't."

"Bel come out and talk to me," he sighs, running his hands over his hair. But I shake my head no and stay on my knees under the desk.

"Alright fine." Sebastian's jaw clenches and crawls next to me, joining me under my desk.

I sigh heavily adjusting myself so I sit more comfortably. Sebastian sits facing me with his legs crossed and his neck bending awkwardly.

He pushes a lock of hair behind my ear, "We are going to talk about this." he says quietly.

I lean into his body for a scant second before catching myself. "What is there to talk about? I don't even know what you're talking about." I say avoiding his eyes, wondering if I can pull this off.

"Bel, come on. Talk to me." he prods massaging the back of my neck. "If we're going to do this, we need to talk to each other."

Do what? Be your best friend? Pretend like I don't want to rip your clothes off and fuck you? He's here under my desk in a black t-shirt and ripped jeans looking like a fucking model. His entire body looks so cuddly and warm and sexy and kick-me-in-the-head gorgeous.

"Okay let's talk. What do you want to talk about?"

"Why are you hiding from me?"

My heart damn near leaps out of my chest. My brain is shutting down in shock and denial. He wants to know why.

"How did you know?" I ask.

He kisses my forehead gently. "Because all of a sudden, you weren't my Bel."