Parting Ways

"Aria!" 

I was busy in room packing my things when I suddenly heard my annoying younger brother yelling my name like it's the end of the world. After a few seconds of peace and quite my brother came bursting through my door almost ripping it out of the hinges while continuing to yell my name.

"What?" I said with an annoyed tone with the usual eye rolling.

"Why do you have to be so angry all the time? " asked my brother.

"Why do you have to be so annoying all the time? " I said answering his question with another question and giving him my signature eye roll.

"Drop the act." He said in a serious tone. Making me freeze for a moment but I decided to pretend like I didn't hear anything and continued on packing.

"You can fool everyone here but not me. Those cuts are no accident, those are the reason why you shut yourself in this room. I can even hear the faint crying that you desperately try to hide- " my brother said as he continues to run his mouth.

"Zack, if your worried about me moving out of the family house, then thanks but I'm fine. I'm 21 I can handle myself. Plus Brooklyn would be there. " I said as I cut him of and gave him a reassuring answer.

"Fine then, there's no changing your mind. I'll be waiting in the living room." Zack said as he turned his back and walked out my room.

"I'll only be moving to Japan but Zack makes a big deal about it." I muttered to myself as I continued to pack the things I would bring.

-
-
-

It's been about 2 hours since Zack and I had that conversation but it still bugs me. Am I that easy to read? I thought the facade I was putting on was great but turns out it wasn't.

Even though it's a pain to transfer schools 2 years in my college, thankfully I got accepted to The University of Tokyo. Now I have the best reason to leave this place and it's a good thing that the publishing company allowed me to continue writing mystery novels even with the fact that I'm moving to a different country. Hopefully I could start a new life and escape from this nightmare.

The idea of me moving 1,905 miles away from here does not sit well with my grandparents and brother. To be quite honest I would miss them. But I hope someday they would understand the reason I wanted to leave.

"Aria!" A loud voice startled me and broke my chain of thoughts.

Facing the direction of the voice I found Zack standing at the door with his hands on his waist.

"What?" I asked crossing my eyebrows and giving him an annoyed look.

"It's 2:30, you'll be late for your flight." He said while crossing his arms.

I opened my phone to look at the time and saw that it was indeed 2:30 in the afternoon. I then told him to give me an 2 hours to finish everything and to fix myself. He then gave me a nod and left my room for the second time this day.

-
-
-

I dressed my self up on some make up to look presentable and headed to the living room where Zack and my grandparents are waiting for me. Zack called a cab and helped me load the suitcases that I'll be bringing.

"Don't forget to call us when you arrive and don't forget to eat and take care of yourself." My grandmother said as she hugged me tightly and trying hard not to tear up.

" Give me a call if someone decides to mess with my big sis, okay!" Zack said in a loud irritating voice while flexing his muscles to show of.

"Listen to what your grandmother said." Added my grandfather.

I put my head phones on, played my favorite music and waved them goodbye as the cab driver starts the engine.

The trip to the airport was quiet just how I liked it. The cab stopped and as I look outside i saw the airport entrance and within an hour I was boarding the plane bound for Tokyo.