ONE

Kristy's Great Idea

Friday after school Kristy Thomas and her best friend Maryanne Spier walked home together

Friday after school Kristy Thomas and her best friend Maryanne Spier walked home together. Kristy spoke in words Maryanne understood just had to process at the speed they came out of her friends mouth. She was telling Maryanne about something that happened In class.

"It was boiling in there, like surface of Venus hot." Kristy exaggerated. "And he just kept going on and on about the genius of Thomas Jefferson and how all men are created equal." She told the girl next to her who curiously asked, "This is Mr. Redmond?" She looked at her friend, both oblivious of the girl in yellow sneaking up on them.

"Yeah. So finally I stood up and i was like, if he was such a genius why didn't he say all people?" Maryanne gave a small 'cool'. "Except apparently i raised my voice. and I didn't raise my-" Kristy was cut off by Theo James, Kristy's older brother Sam's best friend, who jumped in between the two scaring the life out of them, "Ha! You should've seen your faces!" The girl laughed and swung her arms around the girls. Kristy playfully slapped her whilst Maryanne gave a large closed lip smile.

"Thank you for that, Crayon." Kristy told the older girl unamused, using the nickname 'Crayon' her, Maryanne and Claudia Kishi made for the girl when they where younger. "Anyways, I didn't raise my hand."

"Did he give you detention?" The Spier girl asked, "Wait-what teacher is this?" Theo asked looking at Kristy,

"Mr. Redmond." The older girl rolled her eyes, "Of course it is. Anyway, continue."

"Essay. On the importance of decorum." Kristy spoke as Theo leaned down to Maryanne "Whats decorum?" She asked in a hushed voice.

"I- shouldn't you know this? Nevermind." The girl looked passed the teen, "What does that even mean?" She asked Kristy,

"Like not talking unless you were called on, being polite, and invisible." She rolled her eyes. "Meanwhile the boys are in the back of the room sticking Kleenex down their pants-" Theo snorted. "-and wiping sweat on each other, but somehow I'm the disruptive one."

Maryanne took the opportunity to stop and turn to Kristy, "Do you think he's gonna call your mom? I don't want anything to ruin our sleepover tomorrow night. I almost convinced my dad to let us postmate pizza and ice cream!"

"Double dairy, wow." Kristy exclaimed "Whats next, the key to the liquor cabinet?" Theo joked.

"Sugar is process." Maryanne reminded the two,

"I can't wait." The younger girls spoke in sinc. "Don't do that ever again. You sound like me and Navy." Theo spoke joking that she was disgusted and the two laughed. "Later Spier." She patted Maryanne's head before the girl walked off toward her house with her wheeled bag following.