22 - Wedding

One of Adora's dreams comes true the moment they're declared wife and wife. She repeats the phrase in her head over and over -- even as she kisses Catra and even as they both walk away from the aisle hand-in-hand. The cheers that follow are almost deafening with how loud everyone is, a bit of a peculiar observation to take in based on how tiny the crowd is.

They'd both agreed on making it a small gathering with how nervous they both felt over their big day, and they'd chosen to leave any big celebrations for later on. As a result, they thank everyone and say their farewells as quickly as the vows felt, these seeming to have lasted nothing with how equally anxious they both were. Saying ‘I do’ was about as hard as a college admission test, regardless of how they both felt ready for their next step and how much they practiced at home before today. Kissing in front of so many people was harder still, though neither of them can deny the warm feeling that's left behind after having people cheer on for them.

"Ready to take off?" Catra asks, foot already pressing on the brakes as she waits for Adora to get in the car, open front passenger door left waiting for her. A smile encourages her to step inside and look forward to the ride, as so does receiving a kiss on the cheek when she sits down.

Adora buckles up and nods, smiling after. "I'm ready," she says, meeting her eyes. "What about you?"

Catra nods back, a smile of her own showing up as she then pulls her hair back in a ponytail, closes her eyes for a while, and sighs. "I've been thinking about sending everyone a thank-you letter with how helpful they've been." A bashful look overcomes her, and she gives a more reserved smile. "What do you think?"

"Sounds like a plan," she replies, winking at her. "A cute one, too."

Rather than engaging into banter as the pair often did, Catra looks away. A blush dusts her cheeks and she purrs in response to the compliment, making Adora stifle a giggle and drown it out by turning on the radio. They look at each other after that, no more words needed for the driver to take her foot off the breaks and for the passenger to set up the radio to her favourite tunes, heightening the mood of the ride as the car takes off. Open windows send gusts of air in, making them both loosen up more and grin wide as their hair's tousled by the wind's strength.

It's a strong, never ending feeling, even as they stop at various red lights. The sensation stays the same and adrenaline only increases as Catra continues to drive, the three hour-long drive felt like nothing with the company she has next to her. "Want me to drive next?" Adora asks, words audible thanks to a red light. "You should take a break."

Though Catra looks like she's about to reject the offer at first, she gives into it with a slow nod and parks at the emergency lane once the opportunity arrives. They then switch seats, though not before sharing another kiss similar to the one at their wedding ceremony. It's far more exhilarating now, the pressure felt from before now entirely gone and replaced by comfort.

"Thanks, Dora," Catra says, breaking the kiss apart.

Adora smiles and preps the car before continuing with the drive. "Anytime, Applesauce."