𝟎𝟏: 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚

IN THE SMALL TOWN of jacksonville, oregon a perfect house sat at the end of a quiet, well respected street

IN THE SMALL TOWN of jacksonville, oregon a perfect house sat at the end of a quiet, well respected street. the population of 2,898 meant that everybody knew everybody. people gossiped about the new couple that arrived only a mere 10 minutes ago.

arriving in a blue mercedes with the roof down as the sun glowed on their skins. smiles painted their faces as they stopped outside the house which already had the moving van parked outside.

neighbours peered out their windows in curiosity as the young couple stepped out. a girl no older than 20 with dark purple curly hair and weirdly purple eyes to match. she wore a brown crop top, baggy jeans and a pair of doc martens.

the girl seemed to appear completely and utterly happy as she rounded the car and hugged her partner in excitement who returned the hug. he spun her around as she giggled kissing his lips.

the man wore a blue tee with baggy black jeans and running shoes. his hair was white on the top with brown roots and a beard. the smile matched his girlfriends filled with pure happiness. he walked over to the moving men who helped assist in moving the furniture into the house.

the girl stopped outside the house just staring at it with a small smile. a minute passed and her smile dropped for only a second. it was barley seen by anyone as tears sprung to her eyes but were blinked away as she saw her boyfriend appear next to her.

she grabbed her boyfriends hand and the two walked down the path that led to the front door. they shared a look of happiness before he swooped her up and carried her inside.

the neighbours looked on fondly before they went about their business. the moving men soon left leaving the happy and bouncy couple to look over their new home.

kori sighed in happiness spinning around "can you believe it? our own home. it's like a dream come true" she said facing her boyfriend who was staring at her.

he grinned and super sped over to her holding her in his arms. she laughed as he spun her around again before landing on the couch.

"it's amazing my love. everything looks beyond perfect" pietros accent was thick and it always made her smile.

her accent was russian which was slightly similar to his but of course, he was sokovian. she giggled snuggling into his chest staring at the fire place.

"i just can't believe we have a home" she spoke feeling tears rush to her eyes.

pietro nodded pulling her even closer of it possible. "i know my love. i can't believe it either" he said kissing her forehead.

a few hours passed by and the house furniture was set up

a few hours passed by and the house furniture was set up. pietro helped a lot with his speed and strength. kori added a few decorations using her illusion powers. she changed the colour of some things as well much to pietros disliking.

the couple were proud of their work and came together hugging. pietro hugged her side pulling her in closer and kissing his favourite spot, her forehead.

"it look perfect angel" he told her and she hummed. "i have to say, i'm pretty good at decorating" she giggled.

suddenly a loud knock at the door had then jumping away from each other. kori curiously wandered over looking through the peep hole.

she saw a man and a woman with warm smiles bowling hands and a dish of some sorts. she opened the door and instantly felt a rush of friendliness coming from them.

"hey there!" the woman spoke enthusiastically. she was a brunette with also brown eyes. she was slightly taller than kori and maybe a few years older. her hair curled round when shoulders and bounced with each step she took.

"my names katie. this is my husband caleb. we're your new neighbours hun" she smiled brightly.

kori returned it "its lovely to meet you. please come in" she opened the door wider and the couple came in.

caleb who followed seemed the same height as pietro. with dark curly hair that covered most of his forehead. he gave a smirk to kori as he passed her. he didn't seem like the social type, the opposite to his wife.

katie let out a breathy laugh "it's so exciting to finally have new neighbours! this house has been empty for almost a year now" she said looking around at the newly decorated space.

kori invited her to the living room while the men went to the kitchen for some beers. they settled on the couch "do you know it's been empty for so long?" kori asked curiously.

katie sighed "every couple that bought the house, well the desk fell through i suppose. it was almost like they backed out last minute" she finished.

kori hummed and poured her a cup of tea which katie excepted. "but don't let that put you of hun. this town is small but nice" she followed up.

kori smiled back "well let's just say me and pietro wanted a fresh start" it wasn't a compete lie after all.

katie seemed to freeze staring at koris eyes. it was like she was lost in a trance or something. kori gave her a quizzing look but jumped when katie went back to normal. "you're eyes are just amazing! is it a genetic thing?" katie asked smiling brightly.

kori shook of her worries and answered with "i suppose it is. i believe my bloodline has inherited them for as far back as i can remember" she replied.

katie took the answer without any argument. "well, how about i come round tomorrow and give you a tour of the town? i can show you the ins and outs. as well as all the gossip" she smiled cheekily.

kori smiled "that'd be lovely! maybe the boys can get to know each other as well" she suggested turning to her boyfriend who was laughing with caleb in the kitchen.

when she turned back around katie seemed to be in the same trance she was before. as soon as their eyes met she snapped out of it. "that's a great idea! i'll let caleb know then" she stood suddenly and very quickly.

kori furrowed her eyebrows but nodded her head "okay, yeah sure. i'll meet you outside at 12" she added.

katie gave a large smile before calling for caleb who nodded and shook hands with pietro. he passed by kori and gave her a smile to which she reciprocated.

after they had both left pietro sped over to her, causing her hair to fly in front of her face. kori's face remained furrowed as she stared at the door were the couple had walked out of.

pietro noticed and held her hand getting her attention. "you okay honey?" he asked running his thumb over her wrist.

she smiled at the affection "yes i'm fine. they're an odd couple is all" she said laughing and pietro seemed to agree.