1

Author's note: this is going to be in the point of view of Danielle but it'll be in the third person Idfk pretty shitty but haven't updated in literal months so it's better than nothing
—————————————————————————

Danielle rushed down the stairs eyes wide in shock. " What is going on, why are all these people taking our stuff ?" She exclaimed waving her arms flamboyantly around. Her family looked at her as if she was crazy

" Why are you waving your arms around like that," David asked

"Wha- I'm panicking wh- why are we talking about my arms. There are people in our house taking our belongings David."

The next thing Danielle knew she and her family were sitting on a sofa in their sitting room. " Eli did a number, Johnny." The man whose name remained unknown to Danielle said as he shook his head with a downcast gaze.

"He took everything." her father said Danielle thought that maybe he was disappointed in himself for letting this happen so she tried to comfort him by gently patting him on the shoulder.

"What is this wha- what are you doing?" Johnny looked at Danielle with an expression one could only describe as what the fuck.

"I'm trying to comfort you, you look I- I don't know sad? " 

"Thank you for the thought dear but no."

"No? I- ok" Danielle looked over her father's shoulder to David her eyes wide and annoyance was written on her face.

The unknown man spoke again "anyway, They're still looking for him, they think he's in the Caymans."

"He was our business manager, he's supposed to pay taxes!"

The man hummed in response "There is a very small amount set aside for you, and one asset the government has allowed you to retain."

"The kids," Moira said in understanding with a nod of her head. They all turned their heads to her in shock.

"The children are dependents, Moira. You bought a small town in 1991, Johnny."

"Yes, I bought that as a joke for Danny and David."

"Yes, I purchased the town, how else could I get the deed?" Johnny was now confused he thought the joke was funny.

"You could've photo-shopped the deed!" Alexis turned her body towards him and spoke with anger and frustration lacing her words.

David pointed to Alexis as she had a point about the whole situation "And saved the money!"

"Why would I Photoshop a deed, the joke was owning the town!" Danielle had said nothing on the pressing matter and instead let out a loud cackle.

"You think is funny Danielle Marie Rose?!" Moira shrieked

"One yes, yes I do" Danielle stated with a chuckle "And two my middle name isn't Marie, do you not know my middle name mom?" she was shocked her mother didn't even know her middle name.

"Of course, I know your middle name I was just seeing if you knew your middle name."  

"That's a very believable lie mom," she responded sarcastically

"Okay, stop. "

"That was the joke!"

"To Johnny's credit... This town just might be your saving grace, at least for a while." the man left everyone confused for a moment.

"What do you mean?"

"You can live there for next to nothing until you get back on your feet."

"I'm cool with that" Danielle said she had no problem with it whatsoever.

"I'm sure there's a penthouse we can move into, please, there are other options."

"Well, homelessness is still on the table."