𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 4

After finishing the book I was reading, I looked at JJ who had fallen asleep on my shoulder with his arms wrapped around me and I wouldn't dare to move.

I kissed his forehead then my eyes trailed over the bloody cuts and the purple bruises.

I almost started crying just looking at him. My heart ached for him. He didn't deserve this. He deserved the whole world. But I didn't know a way to help him besides taking care of him and not letting him go home but it didn't seem to be enough.

But that's when I got an idea.

I gently and carefully peeled JJs arms off of me and picked up his head, resting it on the pillow beside me.

He groaned as he moved around a bit but he didn't wake up. Thank god. He really needed some sleep after what he went through this morning.

I grabbed my phone and walked out of the room as I dial the sheriff's office.

"Yes, may I have Sheriff Peterkin?"

Once the sheriff was on the line I told her about JJ's father and how he abused him. I knew he was gonna hate me for this but I can't keep letting him get hurt.

She told me to bring JJ to the police station as soon as possible. Maybe we could get something figured out.

I walked back into my bedroom to find JJ awake and looking at the millions of pictures I had on my walls.

"Hey babe" I smiled as I walk up behind him, rubbing his shoulders. "You sleep well?"

"Mhmm" He hummed still looking at the photos that included the pogues and some with just JJ and me.

"I really like this one," he said, tapping his finger against a picture of us kissing on the HMS Pogue. Kiara took the picture when we were paying attention which made it better.

"Me too" I murmured.

"Hey um, I just got a call from the sheriff's office, they want you to come in" I inform him, making his head snap in my direction. Ugh, how I hated lying to him.

"Wait today?"

"Yeah, today," I tell him.

"But I haven't done anything" JJ shook his head, looking at me with wide eyes. "That I know of"

"I don't know what it's about they just need you" I explained, trying to keep eye contact but I wasn't a good liar.

"Fuck" JJ cursed.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

After finally helping JJ get dressed like he was a child and dragging him out to the car we finally took off towards the police station.

I looked away from the road to look at JJ.

He was leaning his head against the window watching the trees go by. Nervousness and worry in his blue eyes.

I reached over and placed my hand on top of his making him jump. He had been jumpy all day but I didn't blame him. I would be too if I was in his shoes.

"Sorry" he whispered interlocking his fingers with mine.

"No, it's fine"

Finally, I pulled up to the police station and we both got out. JJ walked behind me reluctantly.

"C'mon baby" I grabbed his wrist pulling him inside the building. I pulled him up to the secretary's desk.

"Hi, how many I help you?" The lady asked glancing at JJ giving him weird looks cause of his face.