Awkward Adults Confess

"[Y/n], do you love Solomon?" Sheba asks as she enters your room with a loud bang due to the door being slammed open.

"What? Why are you asking me that? Of course, I do." You look up from your book to gaze up at the beautiful pink haired woman with slight awe at her bold question.

"I mean do you love, love him?" Sheba's cheeks flush a cute pink.

"Love as in, I want to be in a romantic relationship with him, type of love?" You close your book and set it to the side to dramatically arch a brow.

"Yeah, that type of love." Sheba nods gently closing your door and sitting on your bed.

"I'm not sure if I love him that way." You look out the window in thought.

"Why do you love him?" Sheba asks looking down at her lap.

"Why? He's the first man, no, human to change this world positively by unifying the species. No one asked him to and yet he stepped up and rebelled against what he believes is wrong. I am proud to know such a great man. I greatly respect and admire him. I enjoy seeing him smile as he helps the other species. How he accepts them for who they are and how he sees their worth. I love seeing him fight for his belief. I love seeing him protecting everyone. And I...I love his..." Your face goes red as you stop yourself. "I think I've said enough. Sheba if you truly love him then I will not stand in the way of your happiness. Just make each other happy and I will support you both from the shadows as I usually do."

Sheba stares, wide-eyed, and pouts. "That's not fair! You can't just give me a speech about the reasons why you love him and then tell me you won't confess to him!"

You quickly interrupt. "Woah, okay, I'm not even sure if I love him that way so there's no reason for me to confess--"

"Even so, you'll let someone else take the man you love without a fight?"

"That is Destiny." You gently smile.

You pat her head and walk away, exiting your own room without realizing it. Am I okay with never revealing my feeling for Solomon? You picture Aladdin and smile. Yeah, I'm okay with this. Solomon and Sheba are destined to be together, to give life to an amazing child named Aladdin. No way in hell will I ruin that, right? Then why does it hurt? Have I really become so selfish to even think... You shake your head and quickly turn around the corner, running into someone.

"Shit, sorry, I wasn't paying attention..." You trail off as you look up into those lovely shining blue eyes you adore. Wow-what a coincidence, its Solomon. You now feel bitter. Wait isn't his room...

"Hello, [Y/n]." He greets with a smile. "Have you seen, Sheba?"

You facepalm.

"Yeah, I left her in my room. Well if she's still in there." You awkwardly shrug.

"What were you two talking about this late?" Solomon cutely tilts his question with a childish grin.

"Uh," your face heats. "Girl things!"

"You're blushing~!" Solomon pinches your cheeks.

"Stwap," you whine pulling away from his abusing fingers. "What do you need Sheba for?"

Sweat drips down Solomon temple, "Um...I...She," he rubs the back of his neck. "I don't remember."

You raise an eyebrow, "The great King Solomon doesn't--"

"Don't call me that," Solomon's expression turns dark. "Please, not you."

You place your hand on his cheek, "Sorry, Solomon," you wrap your arms around him. "We haven't had the chance to hang out in a while. Wanna get out of here?"

"Yes!" The light in his eyes returns.

"Good, let's go to...Narnia!" You laugh.

"What's Narnia?"

"Don't ask questions!"

...

"So, I have a confession to make..." Solomon interrupts the serene atmosphere of star watching.

"I'm here to listen." You look over at him.

"Don't get mad," he runs his fingers through his hair. "But I was listening in on your conversation with Sheba."

You choke on your own spit, "What!?"

"Sorry..."

"Please just forget everything you heard!" You cover your face, absolutely mortified.

"I can't do that!" Solomon unexpectedly yells. "There's something that I want to know." He leans forward and pushes you down. "What was the other reason why you love me?"

You look up at him in shock, "Solomon...what are you..."

His breath fans your face. "Please, tell me."

You gulp noticing the intense look in his eyes. "Fine, I love your eyes. I love how bright they shine and I love the way they look at me, how they make me feel safe and..." you whisper. "Special."

Solomon leans in closer if that's possible, and whispers, "I didn't hear that last part."

Your heart quickens as blood rushes to your cheeks and to your ears turning them bright red, "Solomon." You whine trying to put some distance between you two.

Solomon grins, "Just tell me and I'll stop."

"You promise?" he nods. "Okay, I love how you make me feel special." You admit looking him in the eyes.

Solomon's face turns red, "That's because you are special."

"You don't need to comment. You got what you wanted, now get off me."

Solomon chuckles, "You really thought I was going to let you off that easily?"

"Huh?"

"I have another confession," He says with a bright grin.

Your brows furrow in question. "Okay? Can't you tell me after you get off of me?"

He boops his nose with yours, "Nope~! I think I like you in a romantic way..."

Your face drains of color, your eyes widen, and your heart beats quickly out of disbelief. "Wha...What!?"

"I said, I think I li--"

"You can't!" You quickly interrupt with a shout.

Solomon looks at you in confusion, his eyes narrowing in hurt. "Why not?"

"Solomon...please get off of me..."

The atmosphere becomes tense in silence. Slowly Solomon gets off of you and stares.

You let out a breath, "Do you believe in soulmates? In fate?" Your voice is quiet as you hug your knees to your chest.

Solomon stays quiet

"Well, I do." You turn to face him and smile sadly at the red string of fate wrapped around his finger. "I believe your fate is with someone else...I'm not your soulmate, Solomon."

"But I like, no I know that I love you!" He quickly grips your hands in his. "Who says you and I can't be together? I like you and you?"

"I like you too...but--"

"See we both like each other! Please, give this relationship a try! I really want to be with you!"

Tears well up in your eyes and you quietly nod. "Okay, let's be a couple, Solomon."

Solomon let out a relieved sigh, "Good! Enough drama..." He leans in and places a gentle kiss upon your lips.

You laugh and kiss him back.