Practicing Knives - Clove -

Once everyone is done gawking at my throw, they go back to their stations. All but one, Cato. He walks over to me. "Wow Clover I didn't know you could throw." He says still shocked. "Me neither. I was just looking around when a knife cought my eye, I wanted to try it and I guess I'm pretty good." I say happily, but confidantly, I mean I guess he is sort of my friend he wouldn't laugh, would he?

No, I was wrong he did the one thing I was hoping he wouldn't, he started laughing to himself and then said "Ha! You think your good!! Ha!". Well, that's not mean at all. I think. I guess I must have looked hurt because when he looked at my face he stopped laughing and looked sorry " No! No! I didn't mean it to be mean, I meant that you are so much better than just good! No one in training history has Ever gotten a bullseye on their first try, using Any weapon!" He says really regretting laughing at me.

I was still hurt but I nodded, and he walked over and have me a friendly hug. After a minute or so he pulled back and blushed like a cherry tomato, and jogged off to the sword station.

Once he was gone I grabbed a few knives and decided to try some tricks. I did a back-hand spring into a throw and a cartweel into a throw. Both landing smack dab in the middle of the bullseye. I smiled and turned around to grab another knife when I saw everyones eyes going from the board to me, and then they started up in a huge round of applause. Even the instructors and 7+ (year old) kids were clapping. Then I saw the last person I thought I would ever see clapping for me, my brother. But he must have noticed I saw him because he turned around and went back to his station.